Taehyung would always remember the first time Jeongguk has confessed to him.

They were having a heated argument about a monk apparently staring at Taehyung's ass with Jeongguk refusing to drop the topic and ending but being ignored by Taehyung.

But the stubborn man of course didn't want to leave his human's side, stubbornly flying next to him and pouting while hanging from a chandelier again while Taehyung was praying.

Whispered that he just did it because he was loving Taehyungie so badly. The young monk has once playfully called Jeongguk his own pet demon, always trailing after him and demanding cuddles from him, amusing Taehyung to no end.

Unknowing that Jeongguk's demon self has imprinted on him and claimed him as his Mate.

Which was why Jeongguk was so anxious in keeping Taehyung safe. The devil having a Mate, a fragile human on top of that would for sure be the most talked topic in hell, many power thirsty demons trying to take him down would try to come for Taehyung.

Plus,Taehyung was too beautiful to not be unnoticed and Jeongguk hated the thought of leaving the pretty male alone.

"Don't you have other things to do than bothering me?",Taehyung has once asked irritated, a pouting Jeongguk flying over his head before shaking his head.

The demon has only grumbled in return before latching himself onto Taehyung's side again, making himself invisible. And no matter how hard he tried, Taehyung couldn't bring himself to be really angry with this cute devil who demanded respect but ended up being an excited puppy whenever Taehyung decided to show him affection.

It was one of these rare days where Jeongguk has blurted out his confession to Taehyung, the monk lifting his head surprised before a giggle built up in his throat, looking amused at the panicked looking devil.

"Don't worry, Jeonggukie", he has then said, bopping Jeongguk's nose. "Your secret is safe with me."

It took Jeongguk months to have Taehyung slowly falling for him, staying persistent with his adorable courting, making Taehyung feel flustered and being in a constant state of blushing until he gave into Jeongguk's courting.

When he did, quiet confession messily stumbling over plump pouty lips, Jeongguk was so happy that he scooped Taehyung into his arms and accidentally broke the boy's arm.
The devil was now more careful with his display of affection, after quickly healing Taehyung's arm and kissing his tears away, he promised to never attack Taehyung like this again.

The silver haired male sometimes woke up in the middle of the night to find hot limbs entangled with his, Jeongguk's horns tickling his skin because the devil has buried his face into the crook of Taehyung's neck and the young monk petting his hair until he himself drifted back to sleep.

No one has found out about the dangerous affair the monk had with the devil himself and Taehyung didn't intend on anyone to find out.
He just wanted to enjoy the blossoming feelings inside of his chest and the lovely feeling of being in Jeongguk's strong protective hold, secret kisses shared in stolen moments of privacy.

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months and Taehyung's birthday was nearing. The constant reminder of passing time hovering over their heads,Taehyung's mortality a threat to their young love, constant reminder that their love was finite.

Jeongguk couldn't stand the thought of losing his Taehyung, his Mate and he started to beg Taehyung. Beg him to allow him to turn him immortal so they could spend their lives together.

Taehyung of course was scared, arguing that he had his life, his purpose to fulfill with the result of Jeongguk growing mad and screaming that God didn't even care about Taehyung or else he would've protected him from being raped.

They didn't talk after that fight for a week.

But not even Taehyung could deny that he missed Jeongguk so when the devil showed up, beautiful bouquet of roses in his hands, he forgave him. The reason of their fight still in between them and Jeongguk didn't stop talking about it.

Time now was becoming precious and Taehyung started to ask himself if he should give into Jeongguk's persistent and constant begging.

But he just couldn't leave... he has become a monk for a reason. And Jeongguk started to get mean when he noticed it. Constantly reminding Taehyung of how bad he was treated, how many monks were lusting over his lush frame and that if it wasn't for him, Taehyung would live a life of constant abuse and torture.

Jeongguk didn't mean to upset Taehyung, he was just so frightened by the thought of losing his precious human to the time. He couldn't accept this fate and he certainly wouldn't stop budging Taehyung even if that meant for the male to become annoyed and push Jeongguk away.

The devil, powerful demon king, went entirely soft for the young monk and he wanted him by his side, under any circumstances.

But unknowingly, Jeongguk wouldn't be the one to convince Taehyung of staying with him and allowing Jeongguk to turn him immortal.

No, it would be Jimin to bring Taehyung into that direction.

~

Ela_koo