사십팔

Long chapter so tell me your thoughts? Pretty please?

°°°

"No no no", Namjoon panicked, immediately turning around in the attempt to run down the stairs to search for Jin but Jeongguk's booming voice stopped him. "If you go now, you will let anyone notice of our presence here", he growled out, hands reaching out for Taehyung to pull him back into his hold, purring lowly in his throat from content, heart finally calming down when he felt his Baby back in his arms.

"He's my mate! I'm not going to lean back and watch someone else touch him! You might have your soulmate back but mine is still in danger!", Namjoon hissed, the first one besides Jeongguk's closest family to defy the devil and Jeongguk was clearly not having it.

A reply was on the tip of his tongue but once he felt a slim hand on his chest, he stopped, attention practically forced onto Taehyung, his beautiful mate and his eyes snapped away from Namjoon. "Ggu, that's his mate. Imagine if that was me", Taehyung whispered, energy leaving his body from how exhausted he was.

His energy was tied to hell but unlike Jeongguk, it was tiring for him to stay out of hell and since he has spent majority of his time down in the kingdom of purgatory, he was tired out way easier. 

Jeongguk's eyes flashed red by this, thinking of someone else laying his hands on his Taehyung, touching him without permission, just like those disgusting monks did. Jeongguk will never forget the image of his crying angel begging for mercy so he was incredibly protective and sensitive when it came to others touching Taehyung without permission, especially with what has happened with Jimin. 

"Ggu, please", Taehyung whispered, his head falling against Jeongguk's shoulder and the devil threw Namjoon a glance. The wizard looked distressed, scared and on the edge and despite all the horrible things he has done to Jin, some things Jeongguk couldn't even imagine since he didn't know everything, he saw the pure, confused love Namjoon was feeling for his mate.

It reminded Jeongguk of his own thinking back when he freshly met Taehyung, only with the difference that he let his anger out on other people than his Baby. But nobody was perfect and Namjoon himself said that he was willing to change. It might not be in Jeongguk's power to trust him with this promise but he also did not want a new made friend to die.

"Go. Save him", Jeongguk released Namjoon from the invisible wall he has created around the tower cell and the wizard shortly nodded, mouthing thank you towards the devil before he rushed out of the room.

°°°

"S-Seojoon", Jin stuttered out horrified upon seeing the vampire king walking inside the room, lust already taking over his usually gorgeous features and leaving Seokjin with fear beating in his heart. He stumbled backwards in an attempt to put distance in between them while Seojoon walked inside.

The vampire showed no care in the world when he turned around, locking the door before once again turning back to Seokjin and eyeing him up and down. There was a moment of awkward silence in between them, tension rising and just when Seokjin felt like he could grab on the tension in between them, Seojoon decided to speak up.

"You look stunning in my robe, lovely", Seojoon complimented Jin who stumbled away, trying to hide behind the bed after running around it, looking around for a weapon he could use against the vampire king which Seojoon noticed with a chuckle. "You are so cute, my pretty doll", the man said amused.