사십육

“Namjoon, now has come your chance to make up for the mistakes of the past", was the first thing Jeon Jeongguk said to the college professor who was also a dragon wizard in disguise. The man looked up surprised from grading some papers, glancing over to the tightly closed door.

"How did you move past my secretary?", he asked suspicious, stopping to note down comments to the side of the papers with a red marker, slightly bowing his head in front of the powerful devil who did not look very relaxed.

In fact, Jeongguk looked completely on edge, eyes entirely red and his horns curling out of his long black hair, not even caring that someone could see him because that was the last thing Jeongguk wanted to worry about. His thoughts were filled with Taehyung, Taehyung and even a slightest bit of worry for Yoongi. 

But Taehyung would always be Jeongguk's first priority, the two were mates after all and the devil was selfish so he would always think of Taehyung first than anyone else. It was a wonder the enraged raven could think of his friend when his precious Queen was also taken away from him.

"W-what the fuck! Get this hell hound out of my office!", Namjoon suddenly yelled and jumped to his feet when a large black creature appeared next to Jeongguk, growling lowly at the wizard. Purple and blue sparks appeared all around his frame from distress but Jeongguk simply shot him a stern glare.

"My hound will make sure you won't do anything stupid after I'm done telling you."

°°°

“J-Jinnie was taken?”, Namjoon whispered stunned, sinking back into his seat after Jeongguk started to explain everything to him, face a picture of fury when recalling the happenings and the man behind him sunk into himself after hearing the visible pain behind Jeongguk's voice.

“Seojoon took them all, he took my Tae, Yoongi and Seokjin. And we’re going to stop him", Jeongguk said, eyes cold and determined, his despair to get his precious Baby back got over him and left no space for other thoughts. All that counted was Taehyung and it has always been like this for Jeongguk. 

Namjoon buried his head in between his hands, feeling incredibly guilty because now that there was a serious threat to his Jinnie, he deeply regretted the way he has treating him before, especially since he has always been hot headed and couldn't stop his anger from taking over. He has been hurting the only one he loved and Namjoon felt like this kidnapping was karma to his previous actions. 

"What do you want from me, then? Your Queen has stated that he doesn't want me close to Jin", Namjoon mumbled and Jeongguk rolled his eyes, sighing. "My Queen is gone and as much as I hate it, I need all the forces I can get. You're a powerful being Namjoon and this is your chance to prove to me that you're worthy to be close to Jin", Jeongguk said, this time speaking for Taehyung as well. 

"I will do anything to be with Jinnie again and I deeply regret the mistakes I did, and how I treated him", Namjoon said, still not meeting Jeongguk's eyes from how guilty he felt. Jeongguk rewarded this promise with a hum before snapping his fingers. 

His eyes shot up and turned purple when he suddenly felt a second presence next to Jeongguk's and the hell hound's, boring into the form of a familiar looking male with messy dirty orange hair who looked on the edge. When Namjoon recognized him, his eyes turned into dangerous slits.

“What is he doing here? I saw him lingering around the campus, staring at Taehyung. And even at my Jinnie", Namjoon growled, making the orange haired male flinch, the hell hound growling at him as if he dared the man to make a wrong movement so he could jump on him. 

Jeongguk threw Hoseok one single glance and it was filled to the brim with hatred and disgust for the male he has considered his friend, trusted him for so many years only to find out that he lied to him all along and has kept his worst enemy alive who now took away the only joy in Jeongguk's life. 

“Hoseok has admitted his mistakes and since he’s the mate of my eldest friend, I won’t kill him. For Yoongi’s sake, only for him. And he says he knows where Seojoon and J- his brother have taken them", Jeongguk said, not wanting to say Jimin's name as it was not Namjoon's business to know about the first vampire and Jeongguk's feud. 

Hoseok lifted his head surprised by this exclaim, hope blossoming in his chest because he also regretted his actions from the past, wishing to see pas the blind love he has felt for Jimin and see the beauty in his soulmate. His soulmate who was gone because Hoseok chose to give the wrong person his heart. 

He has been prepared to be punished by Jeongguk according to his mistakes, harming the two closest to the devil and the King of hell was known to never show mercy. Especially not when Hoseok was responsible for the disappearance of the Queen. 

But hearing that he received a second chance to erase his past mistakes, Hoseok was eager to show Jeongguk that he was grateful for this chance.

“I do. And I will do everything to show you my loyalty. I was blinded by my love but it was all fake and now that I realized my mistake, I will do everything to erase it", Hoseok said with bowed head but Jeongguk only snarled at him. 

“Your promise means nothing to me. I want my Babyboy back, that’s the only thing that counts. If you betray me another time, I will have your head, despite what Yoongi might think. I can wipe you out of his imagination and give him someone who deserves him", Jeongguk warned Hoseok who was still guarded by Cerberus, the hell hound growling at the man responsible that his favorite owner was missing. 

“I won’t-- I want to love him, Jeongguk. Please allow me this chance", Hoseok pleaded the devil who shook his head, showing Hoseok that it was not him Hoseok had to apologize to and the demon lord bit his tongue, knowing that his life was sitting on the edge of being destroyed if he was screwing up, at the moment only useful from the knowledge he held.

“Then bring us to them", the devil commanded harshly and the betrayer nodded his head ashamed.

"Yes, my King."

~

We're nearing the countdown guys ahhh I'm excited!!

Ela_koo