sugar or salt ?

"I really don't know how to make this yaar ?" harshal said to santoshi as she was going to listen to him.

"I know stupid." santoshi said.

"Then why are you doing this to me ?" harshal asked.

"Listen, she can't stay without having her lunch on time. So use this chance and spend some time with her." santoshi said. She held savi's hand in hers and took her bag. She bid bye to harshal and went out.

Harshal checked all the ingredients in front of him and sighed. He knew he had to do this for his relationship. He took his tablet and checked the video again and again. He made sure that every ingredients stays on the kitchen floor very close to his hand so that he can easily picked up and use it.

As per santoshi's suggestion, he has decided that he will make dal and bhat for gayatri as she loves it and it was easy though. At least it was easy for the person who never had visited kitchen in his life.

He needed to cut the onions and tomato. He took a deep breath and took out 1 tomato and 1 onion from fridge. He easily cut the tomato but he couldn't cut the onion as per the picture. But he tried it well as he thought.

He then drained the water completely from the pot of moong dal, then he had to pour one and half water in it and cook on the medium heat. He pour the water in pot and checked it twice, then he turned on the stove and placed the pot on the stove.

"What are you doing in kitchen and where is santoshi ?" gayatri asked harshal as harshal turned to her and said, "I am making lunch for you and she is out for lunch with her friends and she took savi with her."

Gayatri nodded her head as harshal checked the dal is soft or not ?, he checked it twice but it was not soft like they were showing in video.

"Use cooker for it. Pour the dal in the cooker and whistle it twice." gayatri said as she took out chips from the fridge and started to chew it. Harshal poured the dal in cooker and put it on the stove.  He made whistle twice and tried to open it but gayatri's words stopped him from doing it.

"Don't opened it now. Keep it for some time and then opened it."

Harshal stopped and kept cooker aside. He took another cooker and poured two cup of rice in it. He washed the rice as the video was showing, then he measured the water in cooker. Then he poured more water in it as his mind told him. Gayatri saw what he was trying to do, she knew that water was more than the amount of rice but she didn't said anything and let him do what he wanted.

Harshal put cooker on the stove and turned on it, Then he checked the cooker of dal, it was cold by now. He opened the cooker and poured the dal in bowl. Then he checked the video twice while checking the video, he took look of gayatri in between.

He put the pot on the stove and added oil in it with mustard, cumin and red chili, then he turned on the gas. He took a spoon and stired while making distance between the gas and him as the things started to pop. He added green chili, ginger, garlic, and curry leaves in it. He tried his best while putting all the ingredients in the  pot.

He took a tablet and checked the video again as he was focusing on the video he forget about the cooker of rice. Gayatri noticed the whistles of cooker but she ignored it. As cooker reached to 5th whistle, harshal noticed the whistles. He turned off the stove as gayatri giggled.

As he was glaring at gayatri, she gestured his eyes to the pot of dal. He instantly turned himself towards the pot and turned off the stove and sighed. He took onions and tomatoes to fry, then he added garam masala and salt while frying. Then he transferred the dal into the pot and turned it on. He softly stirred the dal as he was scared, He tried to keep it thick but it was not thick as the video was showing. He sighed and checked the dal again, when dal started to make bubble. He turned off the gas and smiled. He knew he did it. Gayatri saw harshal's smile as he was smiling to her. She thought that he wouldn't do that but he did it and now he was smiling to her like idiot. She was happy that he took effort for her.

Harshal told gayatri to have seat as he took cooker of rice and pot of dal outside, he sat down beside gayatri. He smiled to her and opened the cooker of rice, he served the rice in the dishes and pour the dal on the rice. Gayatri looked up to harshal and then to the dish that was served in front of her. She hesitantly took a bite of rice and dal. She swallowed with effort. While harshal was struggling with the look how rice and dal were looking. He had checked all the photos which was internet showing as the suggestion, Which were looking better than the dal and rice he had made.

Harshal took a bite, he swallowed the bite not wanted to make a fun of the food that he had made. He saw that gayatri already had took a bite and she was going to took another bite but before she could take it, he took the spoon from her and said,

"How can you eat thing like this ?"

"You made this with so much effort and I didn't wanted to waste it. It just rice is sticky and dal is very plain without salt." gayatri said.

"But still shona. How could you eat this ?" harshal said as he huffed.

"Harsh. It's not that bad." gayatri said as harshal put his focus on the word 'Harsh'. Gayatri used to call him harsh when they were in college and when they were in relationship.

"Yeah, but you aren't going to eat this. I will order something for you." harshal said as he took out his phone from his pocket and ordered gayatri's favorite food. "Non-veg Biryani".

Before, gayatri took another bite from the plate. Harshal collected both dishes in his one hand and pot in his other hand. He put them in the basin and then he took cooker and put it in the basin.

*-*-*

Order came within the 30 minutes, as the delivery boy came with order. Harshal gave him extra money, and took the parcel from the boy.

"Here is your favourite dish !" harshal announced.

"You ordered biryani for me ?" gayatri asked.

"For us !" harshal said as gayatri smiled. Gayatri went inside the kitchen and took the 2 spoons and came back in the living room. Harshal put down the box on the table and opened it.

"It's from my favorite shop, Isn't It ?" Gayatri asked as harshal smiled and nodded to her.

"It's yummy !" gayatri said as she took bite of it.

"I knew you will love it. I just knew." harshal said and whispered the last part to himself.

"Thanks harsh !, I love it !." gayatri said.

They both spend their afternoon time while having their favorite biryani. Harshal was happy that he made gayatri smile. He tried to make food but it ended up very badly, but at least he made her smile.

That was goal of his day !

So, hey guys. Here is the 34 th chapter of our story.

What do you think about this chapter, tell me in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

love_geetu ^_^