Dad On Duty

Hello everyone! My exams got over 6 days back and I planned to update but due to CAB protest, Internet connection of our area was disconnected. And then my health betrayed me. Sorry for the delay!

Wish you a very happy new year!

After 4 months (I wanted you to feel the time gap ;)

Randhir removed his glasses and rubbed his sleepy eyes. He slowly laid his back on the front of the chair and closed his eyes to catch some quick nap but that little movement of his, was enough to awake his little bundle of joy, who was few minutes back was sleeping peacefully in his father lap, while he was working on his project. Randhir got alarmed as soon as he heard his princess shrill cry. He immediately hugged her and started patting her small back.

Randhir (mumbling) :sshh...princess.. Dadda is right here... Sleep now

After humming some lullabies in his not so soft voice, he was finally able to make her sleep again. He looked down and caressed her soft baby hair.

Randhir (pecking her chubby cheeks) : I love you my little baby

Renuka stood at the entrance of his bedroom with a steaming coffee and looked at her son who was making his two months old daughter ready.

Randhir (dusting baby powder near her neck) : my baby will wear which color dress today? Umnnn yes blue color... Because blue is baby's Mumma favorite color. Yayyy (he picked her up and tickled her small tummy)

He looked up and found his mom looking at him again with that sympathy. He shook his head and wrapped the baby in the baby wrapper.

Randhir : now my good baby will stay with her grandmom, till dadda takes shower. Okay! My pumpkin (saying he rubbed his nose with her small one)

Saying this he started taking out his cloth while the little bay kept looking here and there.

Renuka : till when Ron? Till when are you going to punish yourself like this? What have you done with yourself randhir?

Randhir: (kept the clothes aside and took the cup from renuka and took a sip ) nice coffee mom! I needed it very much!

Renuka (sarcastically) : why not? You are technically surviving on this only because all day you keep yourself engaged with taking care of guddiya (doll) and visiting sanyukta and in night you drown yourself in your business work. I actually don't remember when was the last time when you looked after yourself, when you took adequate sleep. Randhir I know you love your wife and baby very much but we can at least have a baby sitter for guddiya? you will at least get some rest and think about the baby,  if some one who is  experienced will handle her, then it will be good for her only.

Randhir: mom we already had a discussion on this right? I don't want to give my baby in anyone's hand. She and sanyu both are my responsibility mom. I know sanyu is not with me right now, but whenever she comes back in our life, I don't want her to doubt my love for my baby, I don't want her to think that I am not capable enough to look after my baby. She always called me Mr. Perfect mom but I unfortunately could never proved myself worthy enough to own that tittle. But now, I am trying my best to become her 'Mr. Perfect', a responsible son who shares his father's workload , a loving husband who can spends quality time with his wife and a dutiful father who take care of his daughter and enjoys her childhood phase.

Renuka : (cupping his face) you are perfect son! And we all know how much you love all of us, you don't need to prove anything to anyone. I can't see you like this baby.

Randhir (wiping her moist eyes) I love you too mommy... But now your baby too has a baby.. So don't worry about me... Now bye! I am getting late. Sanyu must be waiting for us.

Saying this he dashed inside the washroom. Renuka looked at the now sleeping baby and then looked at the wedding of picture of sanyukta and Randhir.

Renuka: please come back sanyukta! I know only you can make things right in this house. Please now forgive my son and come back to your family. We need you.

Randhir with one hand holds the baby near his chest and with another hand he carries the bouquet for his wife like any other day. He entered the room and saw the doctor along with nurse doing her daily check up. He carefully laid down the baby in the cot near the bed and started replacing the dried flowers with the fresh one. Both the doctor and nurse smiled at each other seeing the rarest form of a dutiful husband and then left the trio alone.

Randhir sat on her bed, hold her palm with one hand and bend to peck her forehead.

Randhir: good morning jaan ( my life) how is my baby? I know... I know you were eagerly waiting for your little baby but don't forget I am your big baby so first I will get my share of attention okay! You know sanyu our chotu (small) baby has finally started responding to my talks. She is such a active baby Just like her father ( He smirks proudly and kept looking at her expressionless face with a hope to receive some reaction. But all he got was disappointment. His trance was broken by the little sounds of baby. He gently picked the baby from the cot and adjusted her on her mother chest. The baby closed her eyes as if feeling the familiar warmth. Randhir looked at both of his babies, his heart bleed looking at his princess who was craving for her mother's love and care.

Randhir: okay listen! I forgot to tell you that tonight I have to leave for Banglore. I tried very hard to skip this meeting but unfortunately this is very important for our business and dad is not keeping well these days so I was not left with any other option. I will be back after two days. (caressing her hair) i am really sorry sanyu. Trust me, I am also worried about the baby. I can't take her with me to Banglore. But don't worry, mom will take care of her in my absence and i will try to come back as soon as possible. You also take care of yourself and yes (bend down to peck her forehead) miss me.. I love you.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Keep supporting my work and do try my other stories
Sandhir dark ff : When Dreams Become Nightmares (on going)
Sandhir ff: love or friendship (on going)
Sandhir ss: Mr. Crush (Completed)

Thank you
And I am really sorry for making you all wait always!