Chapter 18: Cautious Exchanges

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

"He's not answering," Taehyung muttered as he hung up after hearing Hoseok's call direct him to voicemail. The actor was a little worried since he knew it was his more-than-friends-but-less-than-boyfriend labelled "friend" had his day off and currently he should be able to answer the phone. At the moment, he was waiting for the elevator to stop on the floor of his flat.

Waiting in silence had him recalling the events of the previous night where Hoseok and him had a rather exotic shower and then hugged each other to sleep. He knew that for the moment, his secret lover wouldn't label their relationship to more than it already was, he had said it multiple times but last night sadly couldn't give it closure to the actor. But he needed to leave the problem under the rug becaude he couldn't suppory to have another fight with the man he loves.

"Hoseok?" Taehyung called as soon as he entered his apartment. The lights were off and there were two bottles of Soju on the counter top. "Yeontan?" he yelled out—raised his voice—to his dog but the Pomeranian was nowhere in sight. He sighed after slipping out of his shoes and warming them up with his red house slippers. The living room was empty, the kitchen was empty, the guest's bathroom was empty, the guest room was empty, all that were left were his bedroom and bathroom. After throwing out one of the empty Soju bottles, he heard a grunt coming from his room. "Hobi?" He dropped his briefcase in the chair of the dinning table and rushed to his bedroom.

When he turned the doorknob around and pushd the door open, he was met with the sight of a shirless Jung Hoseok hugging Yeontan on the bed. "I'm here," the brunette said with reddened cheeks.

"Are you drunk?" asked the actor. He began unbuttoning his coat as he walked to his closet.

"I'm more sober now, but still tipsy," the male on the bed answered still feeling like his head was doing 360's faster than Earth's rotation cycle. "Come here Tae~ I desperately need your neck," the brunette continued as he eyed Taehyung's figure begin undressing his work clothes.

"Let me dress up in more comfortable clothes, hyung."

"Hear that Tannie? Your appa is joining us!" Hoseok squealed. Scratch what the man had said. He was still drunk.

"...Appa," He repeated, feeling his eyes water for the nth time this day.

"Oh no, Hobi hyung. Don't cry. I'm here," Taehyung consoled as he knelt on the bed with changed clothes, an oversized shirt and baggy sweatpants. The drunk male sniffed and let the other engulf him in a hug while the dog still rested in between their arms.

After minutes of silence, Hoseok asked against the neck of the male, "Am I enough for you Tae?"

The actor now assumed his friend was drunk because of him and he felt guilty; guilty because he was the one who brought on the conversation. But in reality, Hoseok was the one at fault for letting everything in the dark.