Chapter 38: Tiny Step

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

"I brought you a black turtle neck shirt and black leather jacket from my car, Me-Ji noona gave me a bottle of water and the trial is on a thirty-minute break." Jungkook entered the bathroom to find Jimin cleaning up his eyes with a string of paper. The red in them could be seen from miles away. His own black blazer was still placed on the side without being touched.

"I told you to leave me alone! What the hell don't you understand about that?" Jimin snapped, almost slamming his hands on the sink in the process, but he rathered exhale furiously before accidentally hurting himself.

"Jimin hyung, I'll turn around, just... please, change and drink some water. Your shirt smells like vomit." Out of all the moments where the actor was sincere, this was one of them. He hoped the writer could sense the sincerity and worry in his words.

Jimin grit his teeth and bit his lips before he could choke a sob and his bottom lip trembled. "I can't even look at you,"
he added, tearing his gaze away while grabbing the pair of clothes and the bottle of water before entering the largest cubicle and locked it. He was tired of everything, this brought him so much stress. "What else did you lie about? I thought you promised to tell me everything!" he shouted from the cubicle, all while stripping himself from the dirty dress-shirt.

"I told you everything except that, but I had to lie about one more thing if I hadn't, both of you could've been hurt." Jungkook began to lean his back against the sink and took back his blazer, then he slid it up his arms again and wore it. He looked at his own black boots and felt himself tear up. But he couldn't cry in front of Jimin, not yet. He hadn't atoned for what he had done and couldn't show his weak side until he changed.

Jimin abruptly stopped moving to unlock the cubicle after dressing up in the extra black turtle neck shirt and black leather jacket. His eyes focused on Jungkook's figure he could see through the small slit between cubicle's walls and door while there was a loud plastic sound from how his hand gripped on the bottle of water. His mind stopped functioning for a moment because it wasn't a trick. He really had heard the actor say something. "Both of you?" he repeated with furrowed eyebrows.

Last he remembered, Jungkook wanted nothing to do with him and their unborn child, and as how Jungkook was, he wanted nothing of the actor as well.

"I told you to go to my room so we could talk, but instead, you said it there. Min Woo was watching every move I made. If I hadn't brought up the clinic..." the actor paused and gripped tight onto the sink for support but not even that could help him. "I-I didn't want that. God, I would never want that after all we've been through— I just— I couldn't afford to let Min Woo hurt the both of you further. I chose to let you leave." Jungkook lifted his head from looking down at his boots to point his nose up to the ceiling. Jimin could see him blinking repeatedly, but the writer thought he couldn't. Jungkook couldn't be holding back genuine tears. Could he?