Chapter 32: When Realization Hits

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

A/N: Please play the song above called: "And I'm Here" for a better reading experience during the first scene.

In a movie, when the scene of flashbacks from a character's past are shown, they're usually edited in another dull filter. And the moment where a car accident is about to happen, they usually see it in slow motion. They can feel their heartbeat, see the flashing lights of another vehicle approaching, but their feet are frozen in the ground. That feeling, was happening right now. Jimin couldn't hear anything Taehyung was talking about with Doctor Kang. The sounds were muffled. He just felt how his best friend helped him walk to another room down the hall.

He didn't notice how Taehyung gave him something for his breath nor notice the completely different hospital room he was in. He just stared down at himself and let his best friend help him change into a hospital gown.

Taehyung spoke, "Jimin, Doctor Shin will be here in a few minutes. Doctor Kang said she's free right now and she can examine you and... Yah–" He snapped his fingers in front of the writer's eyes.

 Yah–" He snapped his fingers in front of the writer's eyes

"How? I just missed a pill for one day. I still kept taking them. T-Then it must've been more than twenty-four hours..." Jimin's voice sounded lost when he looked up and saw his best friend's reddened nose and eyes.

"Shh... I'm here. Don't say that. Let's wait for Doctor Shin."

Doctor Kang had referenced them to her fellow colleague who was an urogynecologists, Doctor Shin. The two men were currently inside her office waiting for her. The walls were full of images of the male and human reproductive organs named and pictures of females and males during the pregnancy cycle. Male pregnancy was completely normal in the revolutionized world after human evolution.

"I'm here! Are you Doctor Kang's patient?" A woman in her late fifties entered the room. She introduced herself, "I'm Doctor Shin. Nice to meet you."

And as of that moment, Park Jimin fell in love. Completely terrified, but he fell in love with what he saw. It was the look in his eyes, red and brimming with tears, and the emotional state he was in. But, even if he was terrified, that look stared at a screen with nothing more than uprising love. He still couldn't believe it, not even when he got the results from the test two hours ago. It hadn't kicked in his system yet, but once he saw the video display screen with his eyes, he broke down again. His bent knees trembled on the examination table as well as his hands on Taehyung's hold. And his best friend was astonished. Acting and real life experiences kick completely different. Sure, Taehyung had acted before for a scene like this in a drama or movie once or twice, but now. . . He cried with his best friend, witnessing the moment where an innocent life was developing; a new life that happened because of a slip, but beautiful.