Chapter 37: Anxious Statements

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:* *:・゚*:・゚

It was hard for Jimin. A piece of himself was left inside the apartment the moment he left, but as heartbroken as he was, he needed to move on. The days were the same for him, through such circumstances where he needed to channel all his emotions, he continued to write. Once each of his fingers touched the keyboard, his eyes weren't staring at anything else other than the white blank paper and black letters on the screen forming words. His surroundings faded, and it was the best thing for him. Writing was his escapism from the world, from his best friend, from his ex-boyfriend, from everyone.

He lived his life and didn't seek help from anyone except when his friends offered it to him. Reality always kicked in him whenever he saw the ultrasound picture glued to the refrigerator.

Aside from writing and reading, Jimin gathered his thoughts every day. He came to the conclusion that if Ms. Han asked him to act as a witness in his ex-boyfriend's case, he would do it. However, he wouldn't do it only for Jungkook, he would do it for Seunghun, for the men and women who have suffered because of Min Woo, and for Jungkook's mother, justice.

Any interaction with Jungkook, hadn't been physically made since the day he left the latter's apartment. If it was information related to the case, Ms. Han texted him about it.

Jimin assumed Jungkook called Yoongi one day, because the days he had scheduled to record the track for the movie were changed and he never once saw the raven haired actor. He missed Jungkook if he was honest. He wanted to be held in those arms and be told that everything was a horrible nightmare, that Jungkook hadn't crossed the line so horribly, that Jungkook would realize the true definition of love, but reality was a punch in the face.

Such a punch of anxiety that now filled his body this noon of April 9 made his nerves kick in.

"The District Attorney would like to call the last witness, Park Jimin, the defendant's ex-boyfriend, to the stand," a female's intimidating voice spoke, loudly enough to break the writer from his thoughts. The trial had his throat sore and anxious system on the verge of failing him. He could feel all eyes on him when he stood up from the crowd. Most importantly, he could feel Jungkook's eyes on him.

"You got this," he whispered to himself, nervously. The look in his eyes was determined, although his feet almost tripped with every step he took forward.

He pledged to say to solemn truth and when he sat, he felt a sudden heavy weight begin to pressure him down. Like boiling water, his body started heating up. He was way too nervous with Jungkook staring at him like it was the last time they'd see each other forever, but the real reason was another.

When Jimin shifted his eyes to the left, a shiver ran down his spine when his eyes met with the criminal sitting far away from him. After everything the criminal been done, Min Woo still had the audacity to smirk at him. For instant comfort, he began to gently rub small imaginative circles on his clothed belly, and fortunately for him from where he sat, it wasn't visible.