Chapter 44: Divine Intervention

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

"Thank you for bringing me the clothes." Jungkook zipped up the pale blue jacket he wore while thanking the woman.

"No problem. I'm glad to see you've been well. Now, I'd love to catch up with you but I'm sure you have more fatherly things to do. We'll see you maybe the next time you get a break, until then, Jungkook-ah." Me-Ji ruffled his almost non-existent hair and bid farewell, not wanting to intrude with her daughter.

"Oh, okay. Take care noona!" The actor bowed his head while observing her and her daughter's figure walk away. The soldier uniform was neatly floded on the chair to his left. It had been almost half an hour since he left Jimin alone to feed their newborn and he was about to knock on the door when a voice stopped him.

"Jungkook."

It was Taehyung. He carried a balloon filled with helium and a flower arrangement. On the balloon, there were the words in a light blue ᴄᴏɴɢʀᴀᴛᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs! ɪᴛ's ᴀ ⒷⓄⓎ. "Give this to him. I need to leave for work.  And... tell him I'll try to be back tomorrow morning before leaving for the set." Jungkook nodded and accepted the gifts following the fading swollen marks around the corner of the his eyes. He remembered Jimin mentioned snapping at Taehyung. That must've been while the older was crying, the newly-father assumed.

"Don't fuck up and give him space. I'm assuming you'll stay the night... there's a blanket on the couch next to the bed, it's mine. You can use it. Take care of them." Taehyung warned, fearing the youngest actor would try to take advantage of Jimin, or just cross the line.

"I will, hyung," Jungkook agreed, serious gaze on his eyes, completely aware of what he was never going to do. Taehyung left soon, only for him to stare at the closed door of the hospital room with Jimin and theie newborn inside. Every inch of his skin seemed to pull him inside the room. He wanted to... He needed to hold him again.

With a silent knock on the door through his knuckles while holding the flower arrangements on one hand, he managed to knock. "Come in." Jimin's silent voice gave him permission to enter and so he did.

Upon entering, Jungkook noticed how their newborn was silently sleeping on the writer's arms. "Taehyung bought this, he left for work. Said, he'd try to be back tomorrow morning." Jungkook walked over to the shelf at the other end of the room before momentarily leaving the room to pick up his uniform from the chair outside.

"Thank you..." Jimin nodded, feeling guilty from his past actions, but also greatful for his best friend.

"Did you feed him? Burp him?" Jungkook slowly approached the bed, not wanting to intrude on the writer's personal space.

"Mhm." A nod came from the older's head as soon as the younger sat beside him on the chair.

"Hyung, Um– The doctor recommended skin to skin contact. Would you mind if I tried it before I leave tomorrow?"