Chapter 42: Rushing to You

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

November 11, 2019.

"A C-Section?"

Jimin's eyes widened, hands automatically holding down the bump when hearing the doctor's recommendation. He needed to have a cesarean delivery because there was a risk for the baby and him if he were to have a natural one.

"Yes, we need to schedule one. You're already at forty weeks." Doctor Yoo, his obstetrician (Doctor Shin had recommended him) read his file while he sat on the couch of his apartment, completely forbidden to move much. There was a nurse accompanying him (also his secretary). "Have you began feeling the Braxton Hicks yet?"

Jimin slowly nodded. They came and go, though they weren't as bad as the ones he was feeling lately.

"Hee-Ae, Check my schedule and see at what times I'm free starting from tomorrow and next week," the doctor commanded.

The nurse began tapping an ipad on her hand while he pointed back his attention to the writer. "Have you timed each contraction? I suspect you may be going into labor this week."

Jimin panted and scrunched his nose. His tows curled and he fisted his hands. There was a wave surging inside him that was almost ripping him open from the inside out. "Phew... At least twenty minutes apart," he sighed after a few seconds passed. The early contractions 'warm ups' were dreading him despite their mildness.

"Doctor Yoo, you're full tomorrow, but on Wednesday you're free starting midday. Should I schedule the C-Section then at thirteen?"

Jimin wasn't going to lie, he wanted this to be over with. The desperation to have his baby boy in his arms was driving him over the edge. But also, the contractions were horrible.

"Yes. Do you agree Mr. Park?" At the question, Jimin nodded. "Perfect. Try to eat and drink liquids starting today and tomorrow to clean your stomach. Be sure to get plenty of rest. See you on Wednesday at thirteen."

・゚: *・゚:*  *:・゚*:・゚

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧