23

third person.

"We're going to this cool museum today, are you coming Serenity?" Corbyn asked the girl, taking a sip of his drink before he placed it on the table.

"I'll probably stay on the bus, I've got to edit a video for my Youtube, thank you for the offer though." She smiled slightly at him as he gave her a smile back.

"I'll stay behind too." Zach spoke up, Serenity turned her head to look at him with furrowed eyebrows as the boy shrugged, looking at Corbyn, "Museums aren't my thing."

Corbyn nodded slowly at the two of them and left the bus to go join the others before they all headed to the museum nearby as part of their day off of touring, which left Zach and Serenity alone in silence.

Zach took this as an opportunity to apologise and explain what exactly happened the other night and what has now been cleared up since the situation, but he didn't know what to say.

Serenity then closed her laptop and placed it to one side, getting up and going over to Zach before sitting beside him, "Why didn't you go with them?"

"I want to apologise to you." Zach replied, looking at her as she smiled slightly for a few seconds before her smile faded, "I'm sorry for what I said and did after we kissed."

The girl sighed, leaning back in the seat, "Why did you do it?"

"No this is the part where you'll never speak to me again." Zach put his head in his hands. Serenity looked at him with a confused look on her face before letting out a small chuckle.

"Who do you think I am?" She asked him, "Zach I'm not going to stop speaking to you, explain it and we can move on from it."

Zach nodded, looking back at her, "The boys told me that we should stay friends and I shouldn't get close to you and I said i'd tell you but I didn't want to make it seem like I led you on."

"So, after we kissed I guess I freaked out and I said what I said even though I was just nervous of what the boys would say." He explained.

"What did Jack say when he followed you out the bus?" Serenity asked, wanting him to explain the whole thing so she'd be able to understand why it happened.

"He said that he'd talk to the guys about it because I-" Zach stopped himself, staring at the floor, "He just said he'd talk to the guys about it."

She nodded, "I forgive you."

The boy looked up at her, his eyebrows furrowed as a small smile appeared on his face, until it quickly faded and his head was turned back to the floor, which confused the girl slightly.

He put his head back in his hands, resting his elbows on his knees and letting out a sigh, shaking his head slowly.

"I just- It's so stressful." Zach sighed, sitting back up and wiping his right eye, looking the opposite way to where Serenity was sat.

"What is?"

"The band." Zach complained, "I feel like I have no freedom. I'm always by the boys and I'm always working on something, I get no time for mental health, it's stressful."

"And not to mention I constantly have to hide things like our friendship because our management says so." By this point Zach was faintly crying, but trying his best not to show it.

"Hey, it's ok to show emotions." Serenity reassured him, pulling him in for a hug which he quickly gave in to as his arms were wrapped around her in no time, "I'm here to listen."

He nodded slightly, before slowly becoming a little more relaxed and venting to Serenity about all the stress and thoughts he had kept in his mind for the past few weeks. She sat and carefully listened through the whole thing, occasionally wiping away the few tears that he was unable to hold back.

The girl offered the best advice she could and he took it, and after about an hour or so sat beside each other while Zach went on about his problems, they decided to get up and head out for some fresh air.

Hand in hand the two of them walked down the street and went into a little diner, each ordering a milkshake as they sat opposite each other.

There was silence for a few minutes, Serenity let Zach drift off into his own world due to the long venting session he previously had, and this gave her time to drink a bit of her milkshake while also thinking about what was stressing him out and how she could prevent it, or if she could.

"What if we dated but in secret." Zach was staring out the window, clearly deep in his thoughts as Serenity looked up at him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Is this you wanting to ask me out?" She asked, Zach quickly turned his head to look at her, his cheeks becoming a red shade.

"In a way, yes." Zach laughed slightly, covering his face, "But I obviously don't know what you'd say so that was my discreet way of trying to tell you that I like you."

"Ok well, I would be down for dating in secret." Serenity replied, smiling at him as she took a sip of her milkshake, "That was also my way of trying to tell you I like you."

"So you'll be my secret girlfriend?" Zach asked her, a smile growing on his face as he waited for her reply.

"I'll be your secret girlfriend." She smiled.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

god it's been a rough fucking week :/