70

third person.

"Can we talk?" Zach spoke up, looking at her as she nodded.

"I think we need to." She replied, folding her arms as Zach scratched the back of his neck, watching her walk down the steps as she tried not to slip from the wet surface.

"I just want you to know you haven't done anything wrong to make me do this." Zach continued, watching her slowly grow confused.

"What are you on about? You were the one who had a girl on you at that party." Serenity replied, furrowing her eyebrows as Zach looked at her.

"Maddy came onto me I had no intentions of cheating." Zach said.

"You even know her name?" Her voice suddenly went a little quiet, as Zach put his palm to his forehead, "Zach why didn't you tell me?"

"She's just a friend, I didn't think having a friend would be a big deal." Zach admitted, walking towards his girlfriend, "She knows you're my girlfriend anyway."

"Don't," She raised her eyebrows, holding her hand up as she took a step back, making Zach stop too.

"Ren I'm sorry, it was a one time thing and I told her it wasn't ok as soon as it happened." He explained, "I've been talking to her since December, just before Christmas."

"I'm glad you're being honest right now but you could've just said that she was a new friend of yours when you started texting." Serenity told him, earning a nod from Zach before continuing, "I wouldn't have been against it, I wouldn't have made you block her, I know how it feels to be told to block people you know."

"I know, but I didn't want to risk it and accidentally ruin our relationship." Zach sighed, before they fell into silence as neither of them had anything else to say.

The rain was quickly picking up and it was getting colder by the minute as the night dragged on. Zach knew what he came to talk about, but actually managing to get it out of his system was the problem, knowing he was probably about to break the girls heart.

"I just came to say that I think we should break up." He blurted out, feeling slightly frustrated even though he really had no reason to. As he looked up at Serenity, he immediately felt his stomach drop as he had already seen her wiping away tears, "I think I'm catching feelings for someone else, and I feel way too guilty if I'm with you while thinking of someone else."

"But you didn't feel guilty when she came onto you at the party and I found out through a fanpage?" She furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head as she looked away from him, "A fucking instagram post."

"I was coming to tell you," He said, letting out a sigh.

"You can have this, if you want." She looked back at him, glancing down at the ring on her finger before taking it off and handing it over to him, "I don't really need it anymore, I guess."

"Are you mad?" Zach asked as they made eye contact, she shook her head and wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt.

"Just upset," The girl half-whispered, giving him a small smile, "But whatever makes you happy."

"I'll still be here for you if you need anything." Zach told her, blinking back the tears he had forming in his eyes, simply because he was seeing Serenity upset, "Even if you need somewhere to go because your ex is thinking of showing up at your place."

She nodded as Zach's shoulder dropped slightly, getting more upset as the night went on, "I just don't want to hurt you or damage your trust because I like someone else while with you."

"Please say something." Zach said in a slight whisper, "Precious?"

"I don't have anything to say." She shrugged, folding her arms as she took a few steps away from him, "I'll be here If you need anything, just a call away."

"Thanks." Zach said, "You should go inside, I don't want you to catch a cold from the rain."

The girl nodded, giving him one last small smile before she turned around and went back up the steps, without saying a word to him. Zach put the ring in a small zipped pocket in his wallet and waited for the girl to be inside and safe before leaving the area.

Half of him was waiting for her to turn around and give him one last wave, but he also knew Serenity wasn't the type of person to do that, so when she finally reach the doors and stepped back towards his car, noticing she hadn't yet go inside, but just stood outside.

The boy watched her closely, shaking his head as he knew she was debating on whether or not to turn around and after a few more seconds, the girl finally pushed the door and went inside.

The boy let out a sigh before he got into his car, seeing the polaroid of the couple in the back of his phone case as he took it out and shoved it into the side pocket of his door, which was when the realisation of it all had hit him.

And he realised he broke his promise of never breaking her heart.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

i sorry🥺👉🏻👈🏻
but also final chapter how are we feeling🥺