47

third person.

On the tour bus in Asia, heading to their hotel sat the five boys and Eben. Daniel and Corbyn were sat together playing Uno, Jack was with Eben and Jonah was sitting to the side of them, watching Zach.

Zach hadn't been very talkative since he left Serenity in the airport, and the only thing he had been doing while on the bus was staring out the window, his airpods in and occasionally checking his phone to see if he got any text from his girlfriend.

It was unusual for him, but Jonah knew he was to blame for it. Although it upset him to see his youngest bandmate so lost in his thoughts, it upset him more to know he caused it, when he was partially trying to protect him and keep a secret from him.

And so, he got up from his chair and sat opposite Zach, receiving one small glance from him before he looked back out the window.

"Can we talk?" Jonah asked him as the boy took out an airpod, looking at Jonah and raising one eyebrow, "I know I haven't exactly been supportive when I really should have been, so i'm sorry for that."

The look on Jonahs face seemed sympathetic, and almost like he was genuinely sorry for his actions, but Zach was still cautious of this and he narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, before putting both his airpods away in his case.

"Why were you not supportive?" He asked, looking back up at him.

"I don't know If I can say." Jonah let out an ever so small laugh, scratching the back of his neck as Zach rolled his eyes, "Ok, fine I will tell you."

"For a very long time, when we first met Ren and Treasure," Jonah first said, struggling to get the whole sentence out, "I actually liked Ren and I was jealous of you two being so close, so that's why I acted the way I did."

Zach's small smile then dropped as he glanced to the other three bandmates on the bus, who were all busy in their own world. He then looked back at Jonah and leaned back in his seat, "So why did they all agree to that meeting we had?"

"I made them agree." Jonah quickly said, "All of it was me."

"Is that why you and Tate broke up?"

"No," Jonah shook his head, "No, not at all. I was over Tate before I started liking Ren."

He nodded, a few tears forming in his eyes as Jonah looked at him. He instantly felt even worse, knowing his had made one of his bandmates almost cry simply because of how he involuntarily felt towards someone they were so close to.

"You had me thinking I was the bad person." Zach quietly said, looking down at the floor as he wiped one of his eyes, "I went behind all of you to date her and it was just you being jealous."

"I should have told you." Jonah sighed as Zach looked up at him and nodded his head, "I don't like her anymore though, Tate and I are talking again and I realised me liking Ren was just a sort of phase."

"That doesn't make it any better." Zach replied, his face completely emotionless as the three other boys watched them and Eben who was dancing in his seat to the music he had playing in his ears.

"Do you have any idea how you made me feel?" He continued, making sure he got most of his feelings out to the guys like Serenity had told him he should do.

Jonah shook his head as Daniel and Corbyn glanced at one another, deciding to leave the room to give them some privacy as Jack followed, but just waited around a small corner, slightly worried about anything that could happen.

He leant against one of the bunks, staring at the floor and making sure he could hear them both clear enough. His main concern was Zach flying back to America and not doing the rest of the tour, which was definitely a possibility with the boy, but he also didn't want him and Jonah to fall out.

"I support it, you know?" Jonah then said, giving him a slight smile as Zach failed to believe him, "I know I haven't exactly been the best bandmate but I support your relationship and I'm not against it."

"You made me feel like shit." Zach blurted out, meeting Jonah's eyes, letting him exactly know how he felt, "I considered leaving the band."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because my girlfriend gives good advice, Jonah. Believe it or not she does help me and she's not a distraction, like you said she was." Zach explained, shrugging very subtly, "Renny actually does a lot more than you think, I've heard the things you told Corbyn." 

"Do you know what she's been through?" Zach tilted his head, "I help her with that, with stuff you have no idea about because you weren't there to guide me in the right direction, like you do with the other three."

Jonah slowly nodded before apologising again, this time sounding like he deeply meant it after knowing in detail how Zach felt, and that he didn't want him to feel like that because of how much Jonah loves him.

But the boy still showed little to no emotion and gave Jonah a nod of his head then put both his airpods back in, grabbing his phone and texting back Serenity.

As for Jonah, he knew he wasn't forgiven and that scared both Jonah and Jack - who had still been listening to the conversation, because neither of them knew what Zach would do next. Whether that would be leaving the band or flying back to America and not doing this part of the tour, or even completely ignoring Jonah until he decided to forgive him.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

does anyone wanna take a guess at what they think will happen next :')