41

third person.

Her mind was racing. Constantly repeating the same things to her as if she hadn't been over the topic at least three times before. It filled up her time that she'd spend sleeping, and so left her with no one to call when she was in need of help.

It's not like she wasn't used to the thoughts that her mind kept displaying, but each time it appeared she felt a little worse about herself, because for months she had believed that her old relationship was how she was supposed to be treated.

The backlash she received once she got out of it seemed to be worse than when she was in the relationship. People telling her that she was stupid for not getting out sooner, how the girl should've realised what he was doing, but at the time she had no idea.

But even when she did realise, she spent months trying to get out of it, and people failed to give her credit for trying her hardest to get out and continue being strong when she felt like the ground was crumbling underneath her.

And so, at 2:16 in the morning, she stood by the kitchen counter, propping herself up against it and staring out the window opposite her, wanting to simply calm the thoughts down.

A cup of coffee in her hands and her ankles crossed, she let out a sigh as her eyes closed shut. Considering how crowded her mind was, there was still one person at the back of it, Zach.

Part of her still wasn't sure on dating Zach, with the thoughts that he could be like every other guy, although she had been told by everything that he wasn't. It was obviously she loved him and cared for him, but deep down she was constantly telling herself that the feeling wasn't mutual

With that on her mind, she sent the boy a text and within a couple of minutes he had answered her, agreeing to meet her outside her apartment complex in the next ten minutes.

The girl placed her cup down and headed into her bedroom, putting on a jacket and her shoes, before grabbing her phone and leaving the apartment, making her way down the stairs slowly before she finally got outside, taking a seat on the bench.

After ten minutes, his car pulled up and the boy got out, slowly walking over to where she was sat and handing her a milkshake he had stopped to get her on the way there.

Serenity gave him a thankful smile, placing the milkshake to the side of her before moving her hair behind her ears and sighing.

"Why'd you want to meet me?" Zach asked, looking down at her, "It's almost 3 in the morning."

"Well you can go if you're that bothered." Serenity shrugged, sliding her phone in her pocket as Zach furrowed his eyebrows.

"Woah, where'd that come from?" He asked, confused at why she suddenly had a slight attitude.

"Is what Kay said true?" She asked, looking up at him, "When she told me that you might cheat on me like you did with her."

"Renny why would I cheat on you?" Zach folded just arms, trying to keep the warmth in him.

"Why would you cheat on Kay?"

"She cheated on me too." Zach shrugged, getting slightly frustrated, "It's not like I did it because I was bored."

"I don't know Zach, you're so unpredictable." Serenity gave him a shrug as the boy looked at her before glancing around.

"Is that how little you think of me?" Zach asked, "I do everything for you and you think I'm going to cheat on you?"

The girl shrugged slightly but slowly nodded, looking down at the floor as Zach took a step back, slightly confused at where it all came from but growing slowly frustrated.

"If you think that of me why are you dating me." Zach said, "For all I know you could go and cheat on me."

"Why would I do that?"

"See, you can't see why you'd cheat, so can you see why I wouldn't?" The boy looked at her, raising his eyebrows ever so slightly.

"I get that Josh or whatever his name is has ruined your trust slightly, but don't take it out on me." Zach told her.

"I was literally asking you a question and you flipped out." The girl replied, standing up and getting her phone out of her pocket, "I just needed reassurance."

"If you want reassurance then run back to your old relationship." Zach then said, walking back to his car, "Maybe he can keep you more secure."

"Why would you say that?" She folded her arms as the boy turned around, seeing the look on her face.

"I don't know, he seems to be all you talk about." Zach shrugged, standing by his car door, "For all I know you could still be talking to him behind my back."

Serenity looked at him then looked away, tears quickly building in her eyes as she wiped them away, slowly walking back into her apartment complex.

Zach then immediately regretted what he had said, realising he let the frustration speak for him instead of what he really wanted to say. He sighed and walked back over to Serenity, grabbing her arm and going to pull her in for a hug before being pushed away.

"Just leave me alone," She told him, holding her hands up as she then walked back into the building. Which left Zach standing outside in the dark, not knowing if he had ruined their relationship or not.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

:)