55

third person.

"It was crazy. You were running around the place like a headless chicken and Treasure was in some banana costume chasing after you, I'm glad I woke up before Da-" Serenity stopped herself when she noticed the boy sat opposite her was barely paying attention to what she had to say.

"You can continue, i'm listening." He glanced up at her, before looking back down at his food, moving it around the plate with his fork.

"Zach you've hardly eaten," She said, a worried look appearing on her face as her shoulders dropped slightly, "Pancakes are your favorite."

He shrugged, placing the fork down and leaning back in the chair before looking around the diner, "I'm just not feeling hungry."

"Has something happened?" The girl asked him as she took a sip of her orange juice. Zach refused to make eye contact as he kept his stare out the window, but a few seconds after she had asked the question he nodded, letting out a sigh.

"It might upset you though." He told her.

"That's okay." Serenity shrugged as the boy looked at her, "I'd rather you vent than bottle it up, I have mentioned before how bad that is."

"Jonah told Josh about your plans." Zach said, an upsetting look on his face as he sighed, "The other day when I was in that fire truck and Jonah said he went to go meet Tate, he saw Josh and told him about your plans of the skincare range."

"So now he knows about your goals and will try ruin it for you because that's the kind of guy he is and I don't want that to happen to you because you deserve better than tha-"

"Hey, Zach breathe." Serenity interrupted him, placing her hand on top of his, "It will be sorted with, as long as nothing else gets told to him it's fine."

The boy nodded, but didn't look so convinced with her saying it would be fine. Although he didn't have a clue or the tiniest bit of detail about what actually happened in their relationship, he had a gut feeling it wasn't going to be fine, and that was visible in his facial expressions.

Serenity had noticed that and quickly put up her pinky finger, holding it towards him as he looked at it, "I promise everything will be fine."

"I can't join my finger up." Zach shook his head, "My mind is crazy right now, I just can't join it when I have a feeling something bad is going to happen."

She nodded, pulling her hand away and picking up her glass of orange juice as the pair fell into a deep silence, a silence that for once they weren't so comfortable with.

"What did he do?" Zach spoke up. Serenity looked at him, tensing up as she placed her cup to one side.

"Things." She shrugged, Zach moved his eyes towards her, waiting for the girl to elaborate on what she said, "I can't say."

"Why don't you want to tell me? It's not like I'm going to use it against you or bring him up every two second-"

"Zach I literally can't speak about it." She blurted out, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I had to go to therapy for months, he left me in a bad state, I really can't go into detail."

He nodded, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," She gave him a smile, receiving one back before the silence returned, and Zach had eaten a bit more of his food.

Deep down Serenity was upset about the situation, but with the way Zach had felt about it she thought not to worry him anymore about it, especially since he had his own problems to worry about.

Besides she had her way around it, so long as no one informed her ex about any other plans that were happening, for the most part her goal was safe. The only thing she was worried about was how to make sure no one tells him, especially since Jonah had already ruined it once.

But she pushed that to the back of her mind, as Christmas was only a week away and she still had very little idea of what was actually happening between her and Zach, it was best to think about that rather than her skincare range.

"Christmas." The girl spoke up as Zach looked at her, "Are you spending it with my family?"

"If your family don't mind," Zach replied, "You can spend New Years at mine, I checked with my parents ages ago."

"My parents don't mind you spending Christmas at mine." She said, a smile growing on her face.

"Then yes i'll be spending it at yours." He smiled at her.

"And i'll be spending new years at yours."

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

i will be making a spam book this week btw :)