67

third person.

"Up for a game of ping pong?" Jack asked Zach, apologising once he saw him on the phone.

"Ok I'll call later, love you." Zach said over the phone before ending the call, putting his phone in his pocket and taking a bat out of Jack's hands, "Ren called."

Jack nodded before both of them got invested into a long game of ping pong, both having a lot of practice so they were surprisingly good at the game and soon formed a small group of people gathering round the table, who were picking sides to cheer for.

After ten minutes or so, Jack had won and got lifted onto someone's shoulders as everyone cheered for him, making Zach laugh and roll his eyes jokingly.

"It's ok Zach, you're still my number one." Jack said, being put down at he put his hand on Zachs shoulder, "Jachary will never die."

"What about Jorbyn?" Corbyn asked, a frown on his face as Daniel looked at Corbyn.

"What about Dorbyn?" Daniel furrowed his eyebrows, as Christina came up behind them.

"What about Corbina?" Christina asked, making Corbyn look at her and smile.

"Hello pretty lady," Corbyn raised his eyebrows, picking her up and looking at the boys, "We'll be upstairs if you need us," He said before walking off, leaving the other three with the large group of people.

"They won't be coming down for the rest of the night." Jack said as the others nodded in agreement, before Daniel caught the eye of Corey and walked off over to him.

"Are you alright to be alone for a few minutes? I see Sydnie and I have to tell her there are some ground rules of her being at this party." Jack asked Zach as he shrugged, giving Jack a smile.

"Go for it i'll be fine for a couple of minutes." Zach said, giving him a thumbs up as Jack thanked him and walked off.

With a curious mind, the boy took off around the house and closely inspected each decoration. Although it was a party, Zach wasn't in the mood to actually be partying, it wasn't that he would rather be with his girlfriend, because part of him didn't want to be, but it was the fact that he had a lot on his mind and he would have rather been alone.

"Hey superstar." A voice behind him spoke up and as the boy turned around, Maddy was stood there with a smile on her face, "How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" Zach asked, giving her a smile as she shrugged.

"I'm doing good," Maddy replied, glancing around their surroundings, "Did your girlfriend not come? I was actually wanting to meet her."

"She stayed at home." Zach said, "She wasn't feeling too good and wanted to have a early night."

The girl nodded, shrugging slightly, "That sucks. Do you want to come get a drink with me?"

"Sure." He said, following her to the back of the house where the kitchen was located, as the pair of them each poured themselves a drink, "Who did you come here with?"

"My friends, but they went off with some people so I've just been looking around for someone I know." The girl explained, looking up at him, "Did not expect to see you here though."

"I always come to parties." He let out a small laugh as she quickly laughed after him.

"You look good, as usual." She smiled as the boy nodded slightly with a confused look on his face, but thanked her anyway.

As the night went on, Jack never came back for Zach as the boy found a group of people he was happily talking to, so Zach has no choice but to say by Maddy's side. And as the time reached half ten, the pair were sat by the pool with their feet only just dipping in, deep into a conversation.

"I did break my wrist that day, but it was totally worth it." Maddy said while laughing as the boy was laughing just as much as her, before his died down and he was sat there just watching her, but with a smile on his face.

"I really like your outfit." Maddy told him, shuffling a little closer to him as he gave her a big grin, a little shade of blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Yours isn't too bad either." Zach replied as she tilted her head.

"Is that an insult or compliment?" She asked, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"I don't know, take it either way. I said it as a-" Zach was then interrupted by just phone ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket, seeing it was Serenity calling him as Maddy's face dropped ever so slightly, seeing he was about to answer the call.

"Why don't you just enjoy the night without calling her?" Maddy asked as he shrugged, watching his phone ring.

"She probably can't sleep, I should call her." Zach replied, going to press the accept button as she pulled his phone out of his hand, "Maddy I need to call her, she'll be worried."

"Only if you can reach it." She let out a laugh as the boy rolled his eyes but smiled ever so slightly afterwards as he went to grab his phone.

The game didn't last so long as Zach had a small advantage because of his height, but once he finally got his phone out of her hand, the girl was quick to place a few soft kisses on his neck, which he quickly stepped away from.

"Zach.." Jack spoke up from a few feet away, a shocked look on his face as Zach looked at him, shaking his head, "You liar."

"Jack it's not what it looks like." Zach said, walking over to him as Jack stepped away.

"Does Ren know about this part?" Jack asked him, "Or should I text her that too? Do you want to break her heart yourself or do you want me to help you with that?"

"Just let me explain." Zach sighed as the boy shook his head.

"Explain it to Ren." Jack gave a hurt smile to him before backing away even more, "Before I explain myself."

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

right i'm gonna aim to get the last chapter out on my birthday, so this book should be finished on friday

also you should like follow me because i'm 4 followers off 1k 🥺👉🏻👈🏻