57

third person.

"I don't want a trust fund baby." Zach sang through the Ryans' household, baking in the kitchen with Serenity as they had decided in the end to spend Christmas with her family and New Years with Zach's.

"You're not a trust fund baby are you?" Zach asked his girlfriend, looking at her as she dramatically sighed, placing her hand on her chest, "Woah, Renny."

"I'm kidding," She let out a laugh as Zach laughed too, both of them giving Laura a smile as she walked into the room.

"You're very noisy," Laura told them as Zach glanced at Serenity, shaking his head and raising his eyebrows, only to receive a glare from Serenity as she grabbed her cup of water.

"Don't you dare throw that over me," Zach pointed at her then looked at her mom, "Mrs Ryans your daughter is so violent."

"He's the one giving me weird looks." She shrugged, placing her cup back down as Laura looked between the two of them.

"Zach, you can call me Laura," Laura told him before giving him a smile and then turning to Serenity, "Don't upset your boyfriend."

"Very difficult when he's the most annoying person I know." Serenity replied, looking back at Zach and pointing to the water, "Remember that is there, in easy reach for me to grab."

"Just keep the noise down, we're all trying to sleep." Laura told them, before saying goodnight and heading off upstairs. Zach and Serenity waited until they heard her bedroom door shut, before their heads quickly shot towards each other.

"Why are they trying to sleep at eleven at night?" Zach furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't sleep until about three in the morning."

"Because they don't have a messed up sleep schedule like you." She shrugged, making sure the ingredients were fully mixed in the mixing bowl.

The boy rolled his eyes playfully, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and resting his head on her shoulder, looking at the mixture before sticking his finger into it, "I'll taste test."

"No," Serenity lightly slapped his arm, making him quickly move it away, "Learn to be patient, Herron."

"Why are we baking brownies anyway? Shouldn't Will be doing this." Zach said, a confused look on his face as Serenity lightly shrugged, "I'd rather be cuddling youu."

"We can cuddle after we finish baking." The girl told him, placing the mixture into the oven and turning around to face him, "Why have you got that look on your face?"

Zach shrugged but laughed slightly as he pulled the cup of water out from behind his back, walking towards Serenity as she backed away from him.

"Now look who's scared of some water." He gave her a smile, "Don't be shy, come closer."

"You're going to pour it over me." Serenity stuck out her bottom lip as Zach shook his head, taking a few sips of the water as the girl raised one eyebrow.

"I would never do that to my girlfriend." Zach placed his hand on his chest, "Who do you think I am, Serenity?"

"Nope now I definitely do not trust you." She soon her head, backing away more, "You never call me Serenity. It's always Renny, Ren or precious."

"Serenityyy." Zach laughed, walking towards her but placing the cup of water down on the side as the girl stopped and placed her hands on her hips, "See? I'm a good boyfriend."

They fell into a small silence, before both of them burst out with laughter but still trying to keep their noise to a minimum as the rest of the household were trying to sleep. Zach had his hand covering his mouth as his face was slowly going red.

"I love your laugh." She said, trying to form the sentence as best she can while still laughing even if there was nothing to laugh about.

Zach pulled her in for a hug, wrapping his arms around her tightly as they slowly swayed left to right. He placed a small kiss on her head just as his phone went off, indicating he had a message. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and glanced over at the screen, which was when he pulled away from the hug and went to grab his phone.

"I wasn't finished hugging you," Serenity stuck out her bottom lip as she went back over to him, she glanced up at the phone trying to see the message, but Zach has turned the screen away from her just as he noticed, which made the girls smile on her face fade ever so slightly.

But she quickly brushed it under the rug, because she had way too much trust in Zach and she knew he wouldn't even think about going behind her back, or so she thought.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

n e ways two things:

a) i know exactly how i'm ending this book
b) it's gonna be 70 chapters
also i love u <33