Index Librorum Prohibitorum

After retrieving his right hand from her mouth, Y/n let the mysterious nun into his dorm and made her a stir-fry from whatever rotten ingredients he could gather from his broken refrigerator. To his surprise, she found it delicious. She found it so delicious that she was fully dedicated to finishing the whole thing.

However, Y/n knew better. Even his cooking couldn't make rotten food any more edible than it already was. Based on how she was using her chopsticks, how childish she acted, and her outfit, he deduced she didn't have that much life experience, despite appearing to be fourteen years old, at least, and was from outside the city. She either didn't know better or just loved food that much.

The girl in front of him was just so naïve and innocent that Y/n couldn't stand to watch anymore. He couldn't just sit there knowing that the girl was just going to poison herself eating the rotten food he made.

Out of the need to save this girl from his cooking and herself, Y/n grabbed the bowl of stir-fry from her and ate it himself as quickly as he could. Unfortunately, he quickly got sick and fell on his back, dropping the bowl of stir-fry on the floor.

After recovering from the food poisoning and giving the girl a cracker to nibble on, Y/n decided to get some answers. After all, this girl came out of nowhere and seemed to be in great need of help.

From what the girl told him, her name was Index Librorum Prohibitorum or just Index, and she was on the run from magicians. Also, she supposedly went by the magic name, Dedicatus 545, or "The consecrated lamb that safeguards the wisdom of the mighty".

She claimed that the sorcerers chased her in pursuit of the 103,000 grimoires she had on her person. She was trying to jump from rooftop to rooftop, but the power outage made it so dark it was impossible for her to see where she was jumping to, resulting in her landing on Y/n's balcony.

Now Y/n was raised by a dragon and taught how to use the power of dragon's but he couldn't buy it. Dragon's were evolved lizards. He maybe didn't have a scientific way to explain how they had powers and passed it on to humans but he knew there had to be one, maybe his dad told him how but he wasn't paying attention. Y/n isn't the best student. Either way, everything in the world could be explained and magic mainly based on the unexplainable could just not be possible.

"I kinda have a weird power as well, one that I was born with. It lets me have a total of 9 powers ranging from fire, iron, lightning, ice, sky, white, poison, shadow and when I combine them I can create the power of negation. I'm basically called a Dragon Slayer. I have dragon lugs to breathe an element, dragon scales to help dissolve or break an element, and dragon claws to attack with an element." Y/n explains "And while that may sound unbelievable, thanks to the Dragon that teaches you, your body is just going through a human evolution of 2 different genes. Human and Dragon. While the powers itself is almost like a personal reality, it works in different ways, like me not having an AIM field- huh?" Y/n was cut from his explanation from the sound of holding in laughter, which was then replaced with laughter

"Hahahahaha." Index was full-on laughing in Y/n's face "You telling me someone who probably doesn't even believe in God has the quality and power to slay a demonic beast like a dragon. Not only that but you're saying you can even negate a divine miracle."

"This coming from someone who believes in magic." Y/n shot back "At least I have a way to back it up!"

"Magic does exist and I'll prove it. My robes are known as the walking church; they have the durability of an actual building." Index explains

"Huh? What are you..." It took a second before Y/n realized her point "Oh I get it if it's supernatural it can get negated. You want me to use my negation." Y/n said looking at his hands with a raised eyebrow 'Should I do this it will deplete me of a lot of power If I just turn it on. And it will just be a waste anyway. Dragon's can be backed up by science... somehow, I don't know, but... this. Magic? How could that be real?'