Y/n vs Sloth

"What is happening Shokuhou-san?" he asked her. Everything in the distance was still blurry but he heard several loud explosions and someone shouting.

"That intruder called Sloth put the crowd to sleep." She informed him "I and a couple other people were able to resist the initial sleep. However, you, Accelerator, and Misaka-san all were hit with a more powerful sleep ability. They are still asleep but I finally manage to wake you up."

Y/n turned and looked at the sleeping forms of Mikoto and Accelerator. Mikoto had a weird happy grin on her face and Accelerator looked content. "Ok but where is he?"

"A friend of yours is currently holding off that thing. I took care of the other masked guys"

"Ok," Y/n replied. "Well they know about my powers, so it makes sense they would create methods to bypass it, but I never thought they could get past my Mental Block." Y/n turned and looked in the direction of the noise and rubbed his eyes. It looked like Sloth had stopped moving and was covered by a black blanket. When his sight finally cleared up he saw Jason standing between them and Sloth with his shadow binding Sloth in place.

However, it looked like the shadow wrap wasn't completely effective and Sloth was slowly struggling and loosening the bindings. Other masked men were lying slump against the outer end of the arena.

Jason glanced at them and Y/n saw he was covered in dust. "I see you finally woke up sleeping beauty!" he yelled to them while Misaki made a cute innocent pose at him with one hand holding a V over her eye.

"It took a little longer then I thought," she replied sweetly.

Jason sighed and ran over to them. "We have a few minutes to plan. Y/n, did she catch you up on what happened?"

Y/n nodded. "Sloth came in and put everyone to sleep." He points to his sleeping friends "They are still under his ability. Can you do anything to get them out like you did me?" He turned and looked at Misaki who shook her head

"I can't," she replied sadly. "Misaka-san's electricity prevents my ability and Accelerator will just automatically reflect anything that comes into contact with him, including my control. If you used your negation on them, I might be able to but your negation would negate my ability too."

"Jason, is his ability also affecting the crowd?"

"I don't think so." Jason said "it seems different to me."

"I see," Y/n sighed "It seems like you have him bound up now so why are you still fighting him?"

"It's only temporary." He turned and looked as Sloth was slowly removing the binding. He sent another couple shadow pieces to wrap around him. "This was the only thing that worked on him. Every one of my attacks against him just seemed to be shrugged off. Besides that, he is also incredibly strong. One fist of his went and smashed a boulder into pieces. I even stabbed him with shadow spears, hit him with fists, and dropped an actual boulder on his head and it just rolled off. He didn't break it, but it just sort of rolled off him like there wasn't any force... that's it. His magic is some type of weakening. Any force that comes at him gets its own force reduced to near zero. That would explain why none of my attacks hit him and why Shokuhou-san's mind control wouldn't work. She still has to send an electrical force to manipulate the mind."

"Magic?" Misaki asks curiously.

"We can explain later. How come the binding still works then?" Y/n asked watching Sloth continue to break them.

Jason looked him in the eye. "It's a combination of spatial manipulation and bending dimensions. The reason I have a limited amount of shadow is the amount of calculations of using it is huge so the space is limited by my calculation abilities. However, I can replace the shadow indefinitely since it is just a lack of light. By limiting how I affect the shadow, I don't turn it solid, so I just control the location. By moving the non solid shadow around Sloth the force isn't getting weakened because it's just a spatial displacement instead of a solid force. Once I turn it solid, force gets involved while I bend dimensions. I don't actually go through them like teleporters. He starts affecting it when the shadow turns solid but if the force is in one location instead of moving toward Sloth, his ability seems to work slower. I don't know why that is though. This is based on my experience fighting with him while Misaki was freeing you."