Misaki vs Lust

Misaki stood across the arena looking at the female called Lust. She knew she was at a disadvantage. It was impossible to tell how long these people have been gathering information on them. They most likely knew all about her power and she had no idea what Lust's power was. She glanced around at the stands again looking for more information. There was nothing else except a very large royal looking bed with red sheets and curtains. Every other space in the stands was occupied by the unmoving masked individuals. Misaki turned her attention back to Lust and watched as the six masked men carrying her throne lowered it to the ground. Lust stood up and took a step off of it into the arena.

"You look concerned, dear." Lust said, smiling and taking a couple steps toward Misaki. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Misaki said, forcing a fake smile. "Just enjoying the scenery."

Lust looked around at all the masked people and laughed. "I think you might be confused dear. You see, those are just blank slates, not real people. We use them as disposable minions for missions."

Misaki raised her eyebrow in surprise. "So those masked men who accompanied Sloth into the Tournament..."

"Correct," Lust confirmed. "They were just my mind controlled puppets."

"How?" Misaki asked, confused. "When I put them to sleep, their minds were definitely human."

"Oh their minds were human at that time," Lust said laughing. "But I am not surprised you could tell. After all, your power is quite similar to mine. It was the reason I chose you."

"That didn't..." Misaki started to say, then changed direction. "Wait, what do you mean you chose me? I thought it was random." She shook her head as realization took place. "Of course, it wouldn't be. I was being stupid."

"Finally you understand," Lust said, shaking her head. "I thought you would guess it sooner. All the others wanted to fight your other companions, so I got stuck with you. It wouldn't matter which door you entered, you would have still arrived here."

"So you are also a mind manipulator too?" Misaki asked. 'That's not good since she seems competent. If I let my guard down for even a moment she could control me. Attacking blindly will just lower my defenses, but that would also apply to her. What to do? Let's see how long I can keep her talking.' Misaki thought "What did you mean their minds were human?"

"Eternal Devotion." Lust said smiling coldly and Misaki felt a shiver go down her spine. Lust took her left hand and pulled back her dress to reveal the upper left part of her chest. The black mark was quite obvious on her pale white skin. It looked like a curvy number seven with a small dot below the top. "It is quite a fascinating ability bestowed to me."

"I assume it is the power of your sin mark like the sleep effect from Sloth," Misaki said with her guard up. 'If that ability is anything like his, I might not be able to stop it.'

"You don't need to be so tense dear," Lust said smiling warmly at her. Misaki felt her heart beat faster for no discernable reason. "My ability requires consent to use unlike Sloth's sleep. I simply ask if you will pledge your eternal life to me, if you say yes, my mark activates."

"I already see how you do it." Misaki said somewhat coldly. Even though she was used to manipulating people to get what she wanted, she didn't change someone to completely fall for her. She simply encouraged people to support her, without asking anything in return. "You control their minds to have them agree, and then you use your mark. How devious, but what does it actually do?" She figured the more she knew the better chance she would have to win. But she also took everything with a grain of salt. 'It is possible she is lying to me to surprise me with her actual power.'