Jason vs Greed

"Without you?" Jason growled. "I wouldn't have had to go through a living hell." His shadow swords were still being held around him by the shadow hands. He was preparing himself for anything. The only power he knew Greed had from years ago was magic to increase his speed. But through experience, Greed would never enter a fight he believed he could not win

"Doesn't progress require some sacrifice?" Greed asked, brushing some dirt off his suit. "After all, isn't that what science does? Experimenting with animals and so forth?"

"You can achieve progress without killing others," Jason said glaring at Greed. He balled his right hand into a fist. 'I'm glad no one else is here. They wouldn't want to see me like this.' The buzzing in his head grew louder. 'Yea, I should find out how he survived.'

"I know you can," Greed acknowledged "But it is faster and more efficient with some sacrifice."

"How did you survive?" Jason asked. "I know my memory is blurry of that event, but I could have sworn I personally ripped out your heart."

The smile flicked on Greed's face for a second as he remembered. "When you lost control and killed our previous Wrath I had to step in. However, your newly established power was too much for me at the time and you did take my heart. But you left immediately afterwards. I was dying but the human brain can still function for a short time after your heart stops. I saw the body of Wrath, her heart was still intact."

Jason's eyes widened. "You were able to take it from Wrath? In your condition?" The buzzing grew loud again, but he ignored it.

Greed smiled. "Even at that time, I was part of The Fallen. I was tasked with other responsibilities while the Herald finished gathering the necessities to revive our master. Remember, I am Greed. Anything I desire belongs to me. It doesn't matter who owns it and what it is, if I want it, I take it. I desired her heart and I took it." He put a hand on his chest over his heart. "When I see you my heart still pounds in rage. Wrath has not forgiven you and her vengeance still exists within me."

"How?" Jason asked. "You shouldn't have been able to move let alone perform a transplant."

"You do not know my magic." Greed said, smiling widely. "I kept it hidden from you and the others. I did think that one girl who hung out with you a lot managed to guess some of my power. She never did trust me. I believe her name was..."

"SHUT UP!" Jason interrupted. "You do not deserve to speak her name with your foul tongue. It was your fault she died."

"Really?" Greed said, his smile slipping slightly. "I seem to recall you killed her after she tried to save you."

Jason stopped and the buzzing in his head grew more pronounced. "Everyone else died because YOU made us cast that spell after we developed our abilities in Academy City."

"Yes it was pretty tragic." Greed said nodding. "Your ability allowed you to survive though. And you got the powerful shadow ability in the process. Though, I always wondered why you don't use it to its full potential. When I first saw it, you crushed skilled magicians in an instant. Now you have to use a lot more strategy than raw power."

"I refuse to give you the satisfaction," Jason said. "But before I finish what I started, what spell did you make us cast back then? I feel like I deserve to hear that from you." Jason said 'Maybe I can figure out what their plan is. Greed is pretty smart so it's probably a waste.' Angry buzzing filled his head. 'No need for that language. It's simply a small gamble with no downside.'

"I'm hurt." Greed said insincerely with his hand over his heart again. "The spell's primary purpose was a failure because too many of the casters died. The development of your shadow was a completely unexpected development. As for what the purpose was." Greed stopped and shook his head. "You have not earned the right to know. Why don't you ask the Herald, if you survive."