The Student

Y/n, woke up that morning reasonably content, and then he opened his refrigerator. It was empty; he had forgotten to buy food yesterday. Y/n then left the apartment.

A few minutes later

He had just finished shopping and, miraculously, managed to find a decent sale on food. He did not have a lot of money and, as Index ate for roughly four people so that made it six people since he only ate elements he could eat for the time being, money was always tight. As he was walking home, a truck came speeding down the road and through a puddle, drenching poor Y/n from head to toe. He sighed, his luck was the same as usual, and he turned to take a shortcut through the park.

This turned out to be a bigger mistake. About halfway through the park, some kids playing tag ran by him and the last one knocked into him as he passed. Y/n's arm swung back from the surprise blow and it caused him to lose his grip on the wet bag. It went flying to the side of the path and landed on a middle school girl eating ice cream on the park bench. Y/n was about to apologize, when he saw who was hit and his face paled instantly.

"Onee-sama!" a tawny colored pig tailed girl cried to the other girl who was covered in food. "Are you ok?"

She was Misaka Mikoto. The other was named Kuroko Shirai, a level 4 teleporter. Both were roommates at the prestigious all girl school, Tokiwadai Middle School. Kuroko idolized Mikoto and had hated Y/n since their first encounter.

"How dare this barbarian ruin Onee-sama's flawless face." Kuroko cried in outrage pulling out her needles she kept strapped to her legs she used for judgment duties. "I will avenge her honor." She stopped, because Mikoto had just stood up and was emitting a lot of electricity.

"YOU!" Mikoto roared and shot a bolt of electricity at Y/n and he ate it "Don't think you will get away with this!" she yelled at him.

Y/n made the best decision for this situation in an instant. He turned, and ran as fast as he could away from Mikoto, while yelling over his shoulder back at her. "I'm sorry, it was an accident! SUCH MISFORTUNE!"

Mikoto continued to chase after him, shooting electricity, while Kuroko watched from the bench. 'Why does Onee-sama look so happy?' Kuroko thought to herself. 'And how did that boy stop her attack?'

Y/n sighed. He finally got away from Mikoto. She had chased him for ten blocks, before she finally had to stop for air. He took the opportunity to disappear into a crowd of people. His stamina was one of his best traits and he was able to continue running for quite a bit longer. Y/n then stopped by a convenience store and got some flavored bread for Index.

'Hopefully this will keep her from eating me.' he thought to himself. As he was about to enter his dorm, he suddenly stopped. 'I can hear someone but no one should be home.' He put the food down, quietly opened the door, and quickly looked around. "Who's here?" he called out. There was nothing but silence, then until...

"She is not here right now."

He recognized that voice and it was never a good sign when he appeared before Y/n.

The man in front of him was Stiyl Magnus. It was never a good indication when he appeared, it always led to trouble for Y/n. Stiyl pulled out a cigarette and started smoking, before he replied to Y/n's question.

"Kanzaki is currently leading her away for the time being. The information I have to tell you is not for her to hear," he answered, puffing on his cigarette. Y/n snapped his fingers and made it so fire spread though the whole cigarette turning it into ash

"I don't give a shit about your addiction. I'm not going to have this place smelling like shit. Why are you here? Is it a magician?"

"You seem to be getting smarter," Stiyl replied with an irritated look "Yes, a magician has entered Academy City to get revenge on a certain individual."