Mikoto vs Wrath

It would be an understatement to say Mikoto was worried. She had fought Wrath twice before and both times she would have been in big trouble if Y/n hadn't stepped in and saved her. During their second encounter on the beach, Mikoto saw Wrath's true power and it was only thanks to Kaori and Y/n they all walked out alive. She also knew Wrath's sin mark could cause excruciating pain to the point of incapacitating people.

'If I get hit by that it is all over for me.' However, she didn't know how she would be able to avoid getting hit by it since she never saw it activated. Kaori and Y/n had both mentioned it to her, but just about the pain effect. She looked at Wrath and for some reason Wrath had stopped as soon as she stepped into the arena. Wrath was also watching her grinning widely.

"Where is the confidence you just had?" Wrath asked mockingly. "Don't tell me you just now finally realized the position you are in."

"Who would be scared of you?" Mikoto replied back. "I know your powers so you can't catch me off guard. I was just looking around and admiring your home. The charred remains suit your personality perfectly. I see where you got your fresh scent from."

"Petty taunts from a scared little girl," Wrath said laughing. "I am going to enjoy extending your suffering. As for my home, it gives me such pleasure destroying things. I need an outlet for my anger when brats get away from me by sheer luck."

"Well now you can't blame luck," Mikoto said as white-blue sparks flickered around her. "It's just you and me."

"I know." Wrath said, her creepy grin stretching over her face. "Sucks for you." Bright red flames erupted instantly behind her creating several pillars. They wrapped around her constantly obscuring her from sight. "It's time for you to suffer the same humiliation I did before you die." One of the pillars arced and flew towards Mikoto. A bolt of white-blue electricity was her instant response and the blasts collided in midair. The energy from both dispersed into an explosion and the light temporarily blinded both of them. It faded away and they just stood glaring at each other.

"You are going to have to do better than that," Mikoto said grinning. "I'm the strongest electromaster." She pointed her hand at Wrath and let loose another bolt of electricity. It crackled as it flew through the air. Wrath lifted herself effortlessly into the air as the fire collected under her. She flew above Mikoto's electricity and performed what looked like a simple backhand motion. Several flames in the shape of arrows flew from her hand. Mikoto jumped to the side as the arrows hit the ground. She thought she had avoided them but, a second after the arrows hit the ground, they exploded. She was just at the border of one of the explosions and felt the intense heat hit her skin. She rolled to avoid most of the blast and minimize damage. Her shirt got a little burnt in the process but overall, she was still fine. 'I'm going to have to make sure I move far enough away to avoid those.'

"Ah," Wrath said in a mocking baby tone. "Is the wittle baby going to cry from a little heat?" A vein in Mikoto's head throbbed a little. "I hope you don't die too fast. I want to be sure I get to fully enjoy my revenge." Mikoto's response was to shoot another blast of electricity at Wrath, but she merely shot a jet of flame at her side to avoid it in midair. "The wittle baby is getting mad. I bet she starts crying." Mikoto flipped her off and shot several more bolts which Wrath just continued to fly around by using her flames as a propulsion system. Eventually she got bored. 'Is this all she can do, I overestimated her. How dull.' Six jets of flame came out of her back, almost like wings. They twisted around her body and all converged at Mikoto's location. Mikoto couldn't dodge all of them and Wrath was about to believe she won, when she saw it.

Mikoto was smiling.

Suddenly, a piece of metal flew from Mikoto's right and she grabbed it. The force of the movement pulled her out of the way as all six jets hit the ground. The flames started to melt the stone and the smell made Mikoto retch slightly. She was far enough away from getting burnt, but there was nothing she could do about the smell. She did, however, focus on something else and ignored the smell. While Wrath was talking, she had been using her magnetism.