End Of Sin

This is going to be the longest chapter i've ever made so I hope you guys enjoy. 

_______________________________________________

Y/n walked down the dark hallway while touching the wall to make sure he didn't trip and fall. He didn't pay attention to where he was going until he bumped into a stone wall that appeared out of nowhere. He rubbed his nose for a second then started to sniff around. It seemed he reached a dead end 

'Damn this must be a dud. I hope everyone else is ok.' He turned around and walked out the way he came in. When he exited the archway into the arena, he saw a completely different sight.

The arena in the middle of the coliseum was the same, but the sky caught his attention. Due to the time difference between Japan and Italy, it should be around midday right now. However, the sky above him was a star filled night sky with no moon. Something else was flouting up there and he squinted to see what it was. His eyes widen in recognition.

"Index!" he yelled out to her. She was suspended high above the coliseum and appeared to be sleeping. She did not stir when he shouted, but someone else answered him instead.

"There is no need to shout." a male's voice said. "No matter how loud you are, she won't hear you." The voice was quiet but Y/n recognized it. "She is fine though, I just put her to sleep while I examined the grimoires in her head." Y/n turned around to face the individual.

The man was sitting on a golden throne in the stands, with his legs crossed in front of him and his hands entwined together under his chin. Even sitting down, Y/n could tell he was tall, probably around seven feet. He had long white silky hair that was slicked back. His eyes were bright blue and, as Y/n met his eyes, he realized there was no warmth in them, they were like ice. He was looking into the eyes of someone who would do anything to accomplish his objective.

"I take it you are The Herald?" Y/n asked.

"Yes." he said simply.

"Let Index go, and I'll let you leave with only one broken rib." Y/n demanded stepping forward.

"I'm afraid I can't do that until the ceremony is complete." The Herald responded unblinkingly.

"I don't give a damn if you're trying to revive your leader." Y/n said waving his arm. "I'm not going to let you hurt my friends. We all came to stop you and we will."

"It would have been a lot simpler if you just surrendered yourself." The Herald commented. "Then none of your friends would have been involved, but your personality would not allow you to come and work for us willingly."

"I will never work for people who are willing to involve innocents." Y/n said making a fist. "Index has nothing to do with this!"  

"That is actually incorrect." The Herald said as he slowly got to his feet. "You see, I needed information and the grimoires were the only place I could get them. The organizations that held those grimoires would not let me see them willingly, so we started taking them. The process was slow and inefficient. Since we needed you, taking the girl was just killing two birds with one stone."

"What are you trying to do," Y/n said through clenched teeth.

The Herald spread out his arms as he indicated the entire arena. "We have put together a spell more potent than anything that came before. We have taken the artifacts all around us, each representing the beginning of power and knowledge from all religions throughout the age of man. Each has fragments of the truth, but none of them know it all. Over the centuries we have researched and collected these fragments. We have now achieved all the pieces to cast the spell. Look around, the altars have been specifically placed."