chapter 21

You drove to the nearest beach. You are sat on a bench looking out at the water. It's beautiful. You see some messages from your mum and a few from josh. You answer Josh's and turn your attention back to the water.

"Nessa?" You heard someone call out. She was wearing a wetsuit and holding her surf board on her arms. I turned around and saw my old bestfriend from high school. "Omg, cass" I replied and gave her a hug even though she was wet. We caught up on everything and I crashed at her house after I told her about my mum and how shes acting. Cassidy was pretty close with my family a while ago, we drifted when school finished and now we reunited. I posted on instagram before we fell asleep on her bed.

@nessabarrett: reunited <3

@joshrichards: go home, your moms worried
@nessabarrett: no.
@charlidamelio: so cute!!!
@nessabarrett: thanks bae
@jadenhossler: 🤩
@avani: come back already!!
@nessabarrett: I want to ☹
@luvanthony: we miss you
@nessabarrett: I miss you guys 🙁
@cassadams: finally 🤗
@nessabarrett: I missed you x

The next day.

Josh: go home
Josh: you're mums worried
Josh: ness?
Josh: answer me
Read at 9:52am

I woke up to messages from josh. He wanted me to go back to my mum. He said she was worried, if she was so worried then she would have contacted me by now. He doesnt understand. I just left them. I wanted to go back to la but I cant.

Ness: look josh, if my mum was so worried about me she would text me, she didnt really act like she cared about me the last time I spoke to her so dont tell me what to do. I can make my own decisions.

I decided to reply because I knew he could see I left him on seen, instead of ignoring the problem I talked to him.

Josh: nessa, I get it, your mad but shes your mum, you have to get over it, your acting childish and its gonna ruin your relationship with her.
Ness: she already ruined it.
Josh: babe, give her another chance
Ness: why
Josh: let me call you
Ness: not right now.
Read at 10:32 am

I grabbed my things and said goodbye to Cassidy. I jumped in my car and drove back home. I knew it was the right thing to do, plus I needed internet to facetime josh 👉👈

I arrived at the house and walked in. No one was home and I went upstairs after getting some snacks. I was SOOOOOOOO hungry. I sat on my bed and facetimed josh.

"Hey babe" he said. I just waved at the camera. "Your at home" he said and smiled. "Yup" I said with a frown on my face. "Babe, it's ok, your mum loves you and she is trying to do what's best for you" he said trying to persuade me. "Doesnt feel like it, shes controlling my life and I'm over it" I said and ended the call. He was really taking her side when I'm his girlfriend. Ugh.

Nessas second account!

@Nessb: thought you were on my side, 🙁Comments turned off

Comments turned off.

"Hey bae" I said looking through the screen at avani. We were on facetime. "Hii gorgeous" she replied. She was doing her clown makeup for a tiktok. "I need to talk to you" I said looking down playing with my fingers. "Ok, I'm listening" she said applying her concealer under her eyes. "I told her about josh and what my mums acting like". "Ness, I think you should talk to your mum, dont worry about josh hes just tryna make you feel better and help" she said. "Your right, anyways hows tour" I asked. "Amazing, our fans are so sweet, but i wish you were here" she said looking down. "Me too" I said. I pretended that I didnt really care about tour and not being there but to be honest I cared a lot, I was really sad I love tour and my friends and I was left out of it and not with them.

"Mum. I need to talk to you" in said as I walked downstairs. "Ok" she said and walked into another room with me. "I love you mum, but I hate whatevers happening between us, we were so close and now all of a sudden your blocking me out" I said looking right into her eyes. "Ness, I don't want it to be like this, I love you, i do but I'm trying to keep this family together, keeping you close is what needs to happen" she said. "I get that but is bringing "dad" back, Is that really necessary?" I asked. "I know you dont know your father that well but he wants to be better, hes changed" she said. That's what chase said. Hes changed. He didnt. "Dont expect me to pretend I know him, I dont and he never wanted to know me until now" I said bluntly. "I know, it's hard for me too" she said. "I love you" she added going In for a hug. "I love you" I said back and hugged her. "I'm sorry I heard her say into my shoulder. We let go and went to watch a movie with my brother. My dad wasnt home yet from work.

Ness: I fixed it.
Josh: great!
Ness: yeah, you were right
Ness: I'm sorry
Josh: it's okay, I get where you were coming from tho
Ness: 🤗

I text cass the rest of the night and we called for a bit too. I fell asleep on call.

A few weeks later