•02• Scrutiny

Ever since the spider bit Jungkook, he started observing changes in him.

Weird changes.

The following morning, he planned on taking a peaceful shower, while doing so he adjusted the nob to his side but ended up in breaking it. Poor Jungkook, his heart throbbed in his chest because it was something unusual and scary. 

Anxiety and curiosity took over him and he desperately wanted to find a reason or a possibility of why he broke things around him even though he would just touch them lightly.

He saw himself in the mirror and observed how the scar was neither swollen nor was there any stinginess. But how?

Arachnidism.

He searched about this on his computer to find out symptoms of any possible disease. There were some cases of death with toxic stings by spiders but few rare cases about the genetic mutation caught his attention. It was really rare to see such complexity and Jungkook knew that he was possibly pulled into one.

He further detangled more information which concluded that point mutation of DNA by a spider's gene can only be possible if the spider's DNA is directly injected into someone. Biologically it was possible but it was somewhat rare to get into the complex genetics of a human being.

Just when Jungkook could search further on how they bind to human DNA, his wrists felt itchy and what happened next shocked the soul out of him.

He was just extending his arm to get a pen from the table because obviously it was a little afar. He leaned more but then suddenly strings of white fabric sprung out of his wrist and caught the pen effortlessly.

He almost fell off his chair. It took him over a minute to realize what the holy crap had just happened. He touched that fabric which seemed like a liquid while springing out but in a few seconds, it solidified and got stronger than nylon.

Jungkook gulped.

"H-how?" He whispered.

He watched his hands thoroughly from palm to the back.

"I'm definitely not going out with this...no.." he whispered and covered his wrists with his long sleeves.

"Is it possible that... I- I have genetic mutation? That too from a spider?!... but h-how? It definitely is mutation because, I- I am still alive. Who knows, I could be dead within hours too.

B-but how? How can I be... Wait! Does this mean I am a man with spider genes?" 

And Jungkook spaced out again.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Bell rang, signaling college had started. Taehyung had just arrived with Jungkook to the class and the black haired was still in another space.

"Jungkook~ah where is your stupid head getting lost at? Are you here? " Taehyung whined clinging onto his arm when they entered their class.

"Oh, hey Kook! Seems like you aren’t getting enough sleep? You okay man?" Yugyeom joined them and Taehyung let go off Jungkook's arm.

"Ah yes, I- I am okay." Jungkook said and nodded repeatedly.

"You sure?" Taehyung asked moving out bangs in front of Jungkook's eyes, almost sending shivers to Jungkook at how he did it.

Yugyeom coughed.

"Hello Taehyung, good morning."

"Good morning" Taehyung replied with no amusement.

Yugyeom sighed, staring at the blonde as he walked away tugging Jungkook's hand to drag him at his place. Yugyeom didn't blink but just sighed softly.

"Ah Taehyung so sassy, I love it." He mumbled and sooner their professor joined.