•35• Insecurities

After one more session, they collapsed down into the mattress. Jungkook knew it was now the time to take care of his precious baby.

He carefully cleaned them up and wrapped his arms around Taehyung who now sat on his lap. The two sat in silence, soaking up each other’s presence, skin on skin.

Taehyung buried his face inside the crook of Jungkook's neck while the other male rubbed circles to soothe the blonde male.

"My baby did so well today. You really had me surprised." Jungkook complimented and Taehyung hummed against his skin.

"My Spidey needed some special treatment, didn't he?" Taehyung asked but before Jungkook could answer, his head buzzed suddenly.

The expression of panic made Taehyung realise what was about to happen but he badly didn't want him to go.

"B-baby… I think I need to-"

"Again?" Taehyung asked miserably and the expression of disappointment on his face broke Jungkook's heart more.

This had been happening three or four times in a row; Jungkook would leave Taehyung in the middle of something or when Taehyung would be all ready to get some cuddles.

None of that for him. Why?  Jungkook had to go, a city to save.

Jungkook swore he didn't want to leave Taehyung that way, not when the blonde moved away and curled up in his blanket.

"I'm sorry, baby." Jungkook whispered slowly, kissing Taehyung's forehead before rushing out.

As Jungkook left Taehyung let out a sigh. The tears were uncontrollable and he sobbed silently into his pillow, praying for Jungkook to return back into his arms safely.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Yugyeom and Tzuyu made up real quick but the constant fights only gave Yugyeom worries about their relationship.

He watched her sleep in his embrace after making love. She instantly fell asleep and they couldn't even go on the date they planned, the fight completely ruining everything.

Yugyeom's head filled with thoughts like always while her head rested against his chest. Tzuyu looked prettier in his arms, safe and peaceful. Unlike the way, she cried and Yugyeom didn’t want her to cry.

It wasn’t easy, constantly living in a state of restlessness, fear and even worry. After all of that had happened, Yugyeom just could not risk losing her.

They had been in fights all because of Yugyeom's need to find answers. Maybe Tzuyu was being honest, she might not be aware of what his father did. 

If Dad didn’t think of telling his own son, how would he tell his assistant?

It was also not possible to lie every single time, Yugyeom trusted her and it’s high time he would stop asking her and find another way to hide Dr. Hoki's secrets.

It was always the thoughts that drive us to our answers and the answers Yugyeom needed were very much around him.

He tried to remove her arms from him to get up but she whined in her sleep. Yugyeom couldn't help but smile at her.

He leaned over, kissing the top of her head and the magic of his kiss drifted her back to sleep again.

He got up stretching and quickly wore a silk robe to walk downstairs, walking into the bar to get himself a drink.

He knew he was overdosing himself but he had no other choice; only alcohol would help him and push him into relief.

He poured himself some rum in a glass. He sipped it slowly while walking back and forth in the bar, his eyes not leaving the button to the lab.