•43• Douce (M)

Life had turned back to its old self for Jungkook, a little different than usual but the one thing constant in Jungkook's life was Taehyung's presence beside him.

He would be lying if he would say that he didn't miss wearing the suit again. Spider-man walked into his life and changed almost everything, his perspective of watching the world to his personality.

This too shall pass, he thought.

One fine day, like the other days, his head buzzed, it buzzed and alerted him about the danger but could he risk it? Not anymore.

He was in his class, impatiently shaking his leg and trying to relax. Taehyung seemed to notice his boyfriend's jittery state and raised an eyebrow. Taehyung knew what was happening. He knew the constant fights his boyfriend had to put up with the Spidey in him.

Now they were out for lunch at the Uni, both Yugyeom and Jungkook toying with their foods with lack of appetite and Taehyung glared at them back and forth.

The bags under their eyes were too visible and no appearance of any possible energy or enthusiasm.

"Guys, what's wrong with you two?" Taehyung finally asked, their moods getting out of tolerance for him.

He got no response in return and Taehyung rolled his eyes. How stupid of him to even ask this? Of course he knew what was wrong with the two. Yugyeom was depressed because of his split with Tzuyu where Jungkook was busy conflicting with the thoughts in his head.

Taehyung sighed, both of his hands reaching on his friend and boyfriend's who finally turned their gazes to him.

"Do you two know how heavy my heart is right now? Please guys..." He whispered sadly and Jungkook slightly panicked, turning to his boyfriend's side now.

"Hey..."

Yugyeom turned to face him, eyes peering at how Jungkook leaned his head over to his boyfriend's shoulder, comforting him. Hurt, there was hurt etched on Yugyeom's smile, he chuckled pathetically, pulling his hands from Taehyung's grip, looking away.

"See you around." Yugyeom said blankly and got up. There was no point sitting there, he didn't want to wail more pain looking at his two friends, jealousy and loneliness flooding in his chest.

"Yug, wait..."

"Some other time, Kook." He waved his hand, not letting Jungkook talk any further.

"Must be really hard for him, Kookie. My heart breaks whenever I see him like this." Taehyung whispered, eyes fixed on the one who walked away.

"Tae? I wonder..." Jungkook whispered, dazing out into space.

"What?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Will we be the same if he finds out the truth?"

As Jungkook asked Taehyung, he looked down, thinking of the outcomes which were nothing positive and the way his heart pace fastened, he knew that something was definitely going to happen if he knew.

They were trying to help Yugyeom, he wasn't ready to reach out to them. If only he could reach out.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

The evening followed and Taehyung was in his house. He walked downstairs and found his brother sitting on the couch. Loud noises lingered in the hall as Yeonjun switched through the news channels informing about the tragedy that took place- a factory flaming down due to accidental fire.

Many of the workers were injured and the machinery was heavily damaged. The emergency department and fire brigade team tried to control things but the massive fire was out of their hold.