•40• Asunder

Nothing else mattered for Jungkook more than Taehyung. He didn't care about Spider-Man, Mr. Kim finding his secret identity, none of that mattered right now.

Taehyung was the only name in his mind.

He rushed to his side, kneeling down, patting his cheeks and called out his name many times but Taehyung was not responding. He swiftly carried the male up in his arms and laid him on the bed.

Yeonjun panicked and began crying and Taehyung's father immediately splashed water on his son's face and the male blinked his eyes open.

All sighed with relief but soon they realised how much fucked up all of them were.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

The room filled silence, the uncomfortable, dreading kind.

Taehyung was still on his bed with Jungkook beside him and his father with crossed arms. Yeonjun fiddled with his fingers nervously and their mother stood leaning against the wall, very much in dismay.

Never did Taehyung and Jungkook think they would land in such an awkward moment but unfortunately this was reality.

Taehyung's father sighed after Jungkook admitted the truth. What's the point in lying anyway? He was caught red handed.

"I was here to tell my son that I had no problem with his boyfriend but maybe, now I do." He said after a long silence and Taehyung's eyes widened as he gasped.

"Dad! No..." He said in disbelief, not knowing how to handle his father at the moment. He looked at Jungkook for help.

"Mr. Kim, can we talk about-" Jungkook began but Mr. Kim raised his hand, not wanting to hear anything.

"My son isn't fine now and I don't want to talk about anything. I'll be glad if you leave him alone and let him rest." Mr. Kim finished and Jungkook hung his head low.

"Dad!"

"Yes, Mr. Kim, I'll leave." Jungkook whispered and got up.

Taehyung stood up too. This was not what he wanted. Why was everything falling apart when it just got good?

"Dad, listen. I'm fine and please just give us a chance to explain-"

"You hid it from your father, Taehyung. There is no excuse I want to hear. This guy who I thought was someone normal is actually Spider-man? SPIDER-MAN? Can you believe that?"

His father freaked out.

"Jagiya, we can work this out. Calm down." Their mother intervened and Jungkook closed his eyes as he saw the building tears in Taehyung's eyes.

"The fact is that he is the other name of danger. I will not risk my children's life, and not just you but Yeonjun knew too?" His father now turned to face Yeonjun who was looking down apologetically.

"Dad, please... Don't freak out, we'll talk this through. Please...." Taehyung pleaded, shaking his father's arms to get his attention.

"My apology sir. It's me who asked them to keep it a secret. It's my fault not theirs." Jungkook admitted and his father put his arm around Taehyung's shoulders protectively.

"I love my kids more than anything in the world Jungkook. I thought you two were good for each other and I thought you will keep him safe. Now, I just can't let it be, not when you yourself are in danger 24/7. I can't risk my kids life for you." His father said and Jungkook hung his head low sadly.