•27• Mettle

Goblin was indeed Dr. Hoki himself and Spider-Man witnessed this in shock.

The gigantic framework of Goblin now shrunk down into a regular human being. Dr. Hoki groaned as he collapsed on the ground. The feeling sickening for him as every muscle ached, the tremendous strength of Goblin leaving its mark. Spider-Man knew this was the right time because Hoki looked the most vulnerable now.

Jungkook tried to move his arms to free himself but the metallic cuffs were connected to metal chains. It was not easy to escape but he pulled his hands with full force making his suit rip off from the arms along with the cuffs.

Dr. Hoki was surprised to see the great maneuver in Spidey and he tried his best to stand up but he was too weak and late. Spider-Man was already on his feet.

"STOP WHERE YOU ARE!" Dr. Hoki screamed, hands holding a gun pointed at Spider-Man.

"Ah! You see, I'm quite experienced with guns." Spider-Man said, standing firm on the ground.

"I don't play around Spider-Man. I will shoot you." He warned again but Spider-Man simply sighed before snatching it away in a blink. He removed the gun cartridge and threw it away.

"Listen, you aren't Goblin anymore and I knew somewhere that it would be you, Dr.Hoki. I should have known better when you tried the syringe on me in that burning lab."

"Brilliant Spidey. You know who I am."

"You are way too easy for me to knock down Hoki. Use your mouth if you want to stay alive. Now tell me, what the hell are you trying to do being Goblin?"

Spiderman asked and received a chuckle from the half naked scientist in front of him.

"Goblin has no end, Mr. Spidey, he never will. Not until I get the power I want and I will get it Spider-Man." Dr. Hoki replied and Spider-man chuckled now, laughing at his words.

"You're an old player, aren't you Hoki?" Spider-Man asked and Dr. Hoki furrowed his eyebrows.

"You have been planning on attacking me for a while, trying to cause havoc in the city every time so you can get me. You gotta play better old man. This will only bring you to an end." Spider-Man warned but Dr. Hoki laughed devilishly.

"End? There is no end for me Spidey. Stick to the deal and accomplish my mission. That's the only way you have." Dr. Hoki said.

"Mission? As far as I know there is nothing humanity is going to get benefit from your stupid mission."

"Oh Spidey, you sound like those two fools who bothered me back then. You know what I did to them?" Dr. Hoki confessed with a grin and Spider-Man furrowed his eyebrows behind his mask.

Curiosity revolving around him as his head could only think of the same thing.

"What did you do?" Spider-Man asked, voice deep and filled with suspicion.

"I killed them." Dr. Hoki said simply like it was nothing and Jungkook gasped lowly behind his mask.

"If you don't want the fate of those two, grow some brains and do what I say." Dr. Hoki warned, getting closer to Spider-Man who now jumped above, clinging to the ceiling.

"I'd rather die than helping you." Spidey said and Dr. Hoki growled.

He picked up a heavy metallic thing from the lab and threw it at Spider-Man's direction who jumped back to the ground and flipped over Hoki's table.

Dr. Hoki walked backwards quickly, fumbling through the drawers to get a gun, aiming towards Spider-Man.

All Dr. Hoki had in mind was to injure the man in the red suit somehow so he cannot escape again this time. Dr. Hoki was so close to his mission and he would do anything to see Spider-Man withering in pain.