•16• Malevolent

Next day, Taehyung and Jungkook walked together to college as usual and Yugyeom's absence was obvious, many students huddled in groups and gossip spread like it always did. After what had happened the day before, the college management strictly prohibited students from leaving college during class hours.

Apparently Yugyeom has not only become more famous than he already was but he also created a lot of damage to the campus but things were sorted hastily as Dr. Hoki was one of the shareholders of the property. Perks of being awfully rich helps Yugyeom every time he decides to be stupid.

Newspapers and magazines only talked about Spider-Man, telling people how heroic he was, the same old bashful praises. As if Yugyeom wasn’t irked enough at home, he would definitely find it frustrating if he stumbles upon one of these articles, with lengthy descriptions of his stupidity and Spider-Man's generosity. 

The students were reading off some magazines and it caught Jungkook’s attention. He himself hated the sudden craze for Spider-Man. He knew this would make things even more complicated for him and everyone around him. He had no idea how easily he was circulating around.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

A devilish laugh echoed around Dr. Hoki's hidden lab in the basement of his mansion. He couldn't control his happiness because finally he could smell some victory. He was conducting an experiment where he injected a strain of ANMV-1 into a spider. It dazed him how the eight-legged creature miraculously handled the foreign chemical easily.

The spider grew bigger in size, hairy body turning green and all eyes appeared to be sharper and larger. The spider was slowly becoming a monster and the glass chamber cracked due to its enlarging size, leaving Dr. Hoki frightened.

Fortunately, he had a gun in his lab and he knew before the spider could attack him, he somehow had to end it. Just when the spider broke through the chamber, he pulled the trigger and shot continuously until the spider died in a pool of its own blood.

"So spiders it is. It means Spider-Man can handle it as well. He’s the perfect host." He whispered to himself.

Dr. Hoki heard approaching footsteps to the lab, he turned around only to find his assistant behind him.

"Oh, it’s you. What is it Tzuyu?" He took a deep breath before placing the gun on the table.

"Ah S-sir..." Her eyes landed on the mess on the floor, the dead spider in its lime green blood.

"Focus and tell me, why are you here?" He asked and she nodded in response.

"Sir, the reports that you asked me to find are ready." She handed him a file and he took it in his hands before turning pages after pages.

"And sir..." She whispered and he raised his head to meet his gaze with her gaze.

"Yes?"

"I found this article in today's newspaper." She now showed him the newspaper, covering the headlines about his son and Spider-Man.

"What utter nonsense?" He growled in annoyance and tore the paper into pieces.

"Tzuyu!" He called her name and her breath hitched.

"Call all of them immediately and ask them to shut their fucking mouths. I don't want any harm to come near my son." He ordered and she nodded.

"And yes..." He continued.

"Take care of Yugyeom because I’m working on something very important. You have to be with him and take care of everything he needs." He ordered and she nodded and bowed before leaving.