•48• Complicated

It's been over a month now since Venom disappeared like Goblin. There were no traces of the creature in the city; the same occurrences repeating in the city when Goblin existed. Would this also be another dreadful cycle too?

Jungkook decided to find out about this himself, all alone.

Less crowd in the city accounted for an increasing number of robberies all around and Spider-man was engaged in saving people again, distracted from his main motto.

He wanted to see Taehyung, wanted to know how the latter was doing all this time but Mr. Kim’s words repeated in his head and he couldn't bring himself to face him.

He couldn’t risk Taehyung’s life at any cost but Jungkook was not himself anymore, he looked barely alive, the bags under his eyes after lack of sleep and crying all over night darkened. 

Asking for space from Taehyung felt like the end of his life. He hated everything. Everything felt meaningless ever since Taehyung and he decided over taking a break.

He was thankful that Taehyung was not around him all this while. He wouldn’t be able to survive knowing Taehyung was in danger because of him.

If staying away from Taehyung would not risk his life then Jungkook would suppress his feelings and pretend to be okay for him, without him.

The reduction of the city's crime level and returning all injured and crawling out of death's mouth was now part of Jungkook's routine. 

Jungkook had no other choice, inevitably back in this social service. His aunt warned him several times but he simply couldn’t stop the buzzing every time because Taehyung was no more by his side.

For the first time ever in his life, Jungkook felt like a lost soul with no direction to go and was stuck nowhere.

He had no idea about Venom, how he appeared and where it wanted. He had no idea how far would it continue? He wanted answers for these because Jungkook was dying to go back into his baby’s arms, warm and safe. He missed Taehyung terribly.

The whole month felt like an eternity for Jungkook without Taehyung by his side.

All this time Jungkook and Yugyeom got to bond more, trying to comfort each other in their times of heartbreak. They two were constantly searching for something which they never realised were actually themselves.

Yugyeom finally admitted to himself that he had no other choice and had to learn to live alone in his pain. He had to get over his heartbreak and pain, all by himself.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

The classes began after a month-long halt because of the circumstances in the city. Jungkook and Yugyeom reached the Uni together as Yugyeom insisted on the ride. As they reached the University, a familiar car stopped in front of theirs.

Before Jungkook could open the door, he saw Taehyung getting out from the backseat, walking into the entrance. It was his father dropping him.

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. His eyes landed on Taehyung and he felt like he hadn’t seen the boy for ages. Even though he would sneak out in the night just to see the boy sleeping in his bed but this time, the feeling was completely different.

Jungkook felt an instant urge to run to him, hold him and kiss him, tell him how much he missed him and that he needed his Taehyung so bad but only tears would fall down because Jeon Jungkook was helpless, stuck in pain.

"Kook, you have to stay strong. I still don’t understand why his father is doing this…" Yugyeom spoke, patting his friend’s shoulder, unaware of the reason behind their split.