•04• Mundane

"Jungkookie be quiet, someone's calling."

"Okay ma!"

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Dr. Song Jungki's residence?"

"Yes, it is. Who is this?"

"Ma'am, we're calling from the local missionary hospital. Dr. Song Jungki, he-"

"Huh? W-what happened to him?"

"He passed away in a car accident. Could you-""

And a loud thud of someone falling echoed in the room.

"Ma?!!" Fifteen year-old Jungkook rushed to her and held her, trying to wake her up.

What did she hear to faint this way? Jungkook thought as his mind panicked. His hands trembled as he picked up the hanging receiver.

"Hello? Ma'am? Am I audible to you?"

"H-hello?" Jungkook replied to the call.

And what he heard broke his heart into pieces.

Waking up to such nightmares weren't new for Jungkook. The pain the memory had inflicted on him and his aunt still haunt them to this day. Even though he won't show it much, he terribly did miss his uncle.

Jungkook sat up in the bed, the nightmare stirring his senses wide awake. His eyes fell to the newspaper Ma threw in.

"The new acclaimed Superhero - Spider Man!"

In matter of some days everything had completely changed. Jungkook, an ordinary boy had become superhero and the new talk of the town. All of this made him happy but it somehow distracted him and kept him away from his main mission.

From newspapers to channels, it was Spider Man everywhere. Overloaded with viral pictures and videos capturing his act of kindness and generosity. His sudden appearance in the city raised several questions of his existence and curiosity among the citizens. One day his viral pictures succumbed to Dr. Hoki's desk. His secretary carefully placed the tabloid on the table. Dr. Hoki chuckled as he swiped through the pictures.

"A figure in red suit? This is their new Superhero?"

"He goes by the name Spider Man, Sir."

"A human?"

"We aren't aware of his being Sir."

"It would be very strange if he is a human but if not?"

"Sir, are you possibly hinting different species?"

"Might be since he chose to disguise himself. Very clever. I-"

A call interrupted Dr. Hoki's discussion, he waved to his secretary and stood up to answer the call delightfully.

"My son. Definitely, in fact I'm on my way. Take care, I love you."

Dr. Hoki grabbed his coat and proceeded to leave immediately. He instructed clearly before leaving.

"Keep a close eye on him and if he is a human, I want him under my radar."

"Yes Sir."

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Jungkook hurried out of his home and searched for his best friend. Taehyung was nowhere to be found, probably would have left but Jungkook knew he can catch up to him if he runs. His instincts alarmed him about a trouble as he started running. He stopped tracks and sighed.