•15• Reminiscence

{All scientific names and terms used are completely fictional and are not true}

"Dr. Hoki's is working on something and I know it's not good." Dr. Lee said as he and Dr. Joongki walked out together from the research centre.

"Steve is very good at hiding things, I have known him for quite a long time now. Even if we try, he won't give us any clue." Joongki replied, taking out his glasses.

"You're right but we need to have a conversation with him about it. We just work here Joongki, the department doesn't allow us to conduct personal experiments. It's huge trouble if they find out." Dr. Lee said and Dr. Song nodded. He stared blankly into space, thinking about the ongoing situation.

Dr. Lee and Dr. Song were very close friends and met more often because of their kids and Dr. Hoki was also a researcher in the same faculty as them.

For the past few days, Dr. Hoki seemed to be engaging himself in a lot of different experiments than to his assigned work. He kept things to himself, stayed in the labs for extra hours and maintained distance from other researchers.

It was so obvious that his colleagues noticed that he was working on something new. His mysterious behavior also raised many questions among them and deep down, Dr. Song somewhere knew whatever Hoki was doing wasn't actually good.

The team was currently working on cell manufacturing to form artificial tissues for replacement in affected body parts or in organs but Dr. Hoki was nowhere to be found for the past three days. Dr. Song had been speculating reasons behind his absence and he thought a proper conversation would possibly answer his questions.

One day he finally decided to talk to Dr. Hoki after their work. Many doctors were on their way back home post their shift but Dr. Song waited for Dr. Hoki to join.

"Dr. Song? You're not leaving?" Dr. Lee asked him who was removing his lab coat to place it in his locker.

"I need to talk to Dr. Hoki. I'll catch up with you in the evening Lee." Dr. Lee nodded and carried his briefcase, patting his friend's shoulder.

Dr. Song took a deep breath and walked into the laboratory, finding Dr. Hoki there, still working on his table.

"Dr. Hoki? Still working?" Dr. Song asked and the said man raised his head to see him.

"Ah Joongki! No, not leaving, actually I still need to work." He excused and continued his work.

"What are you working on?" Dr. Song asked.

"You don't know? The replacement theory obviously. I, I'm a-actually trying to inject it into some organisms that can help in multiplying it." He lied and Dr. Song walked closer now and crossed his arms.

"Really? Is this all?" Dr. Song raised his one brow.

"Listen, I'm also a scientist here like you. I worship my job, so just let me do it alone." Dr. Hoki stated and sighed.

Dr. Song just nodded and left him alone but he surely was not a person to let things go easily so he kept an eye on him and began finding clues about his actual research- about what Dr. Hoki is actually hiding.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

The research world is a wonderful place, it gives you immense power to change things and the scientists work passionately for the betterment of humankind. Every day there is a new discovery, a better genetically advanced genome and a better hope for the world.