•37• Culpability

The following day at the Uni wasn’t the same. The usual loud chatter was gone at the table of the trio. Yugyeom's change of behavior didn't go unnoticed by his other two friends.

"Yug, Wassup man? What's with this face of yours?" Jungkook asked deliberately, breaking the silence.

Yugyeom chose to stay quiet, shaking it off as nothing and fixed his eyes on his phone. Eyes staring constantly at her picture, his lock screen.

"I know it’s none of my business but is everything okay between you and Tzuyu?" Taehyung asked, putting his hand on Yugyeom's. The latter passed a fake smile and shut his phone, sliding it into his pocket.

"Yug... You know you can talk to us." Taehyung said softly, seeing the change of expression in his face.

"We broke up." Yugyeom stared blankly.

"What?" Jungkook and Taehyung asked in unison.

"I should've known better. Actually, what was I even thinking? I'm meant to stay alone." He whispered slowly, eyes fixed into space anywhere but them. He couldn’t break down again.

"I need some time alone guys. See you later."

It’s better that he would stay alone, all to him. He stood up from the chair, leaving the two but Jungkook stood up too.

"Yug.... What is it?" He asked but Yugyeom chuckled mockingly, his bloodshot eyes finally falling into Jungkook's worried ones.

"It's nothing Kook. Just the usual, the same Yugyeom being left with nothing." He said and walked away.

Those words held so much pain and Jungkook's heart ached. The guilt crashed into his mind as he stood there silently. 

Jungkook felt nothing but remorse and Taehyung’s eyes never left Jungkook.

"It's all because of me." Jungkook whispered, feeling defeated. He closed his eyes and stood there.

"Kookie~~" Taehyung stood up and rubbed his arm, placing his chin on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

"I know he is having a tough time with himself but you can't blame yourself for that. Stop thinking about this Kookie. The best thing we can do is to be there for him." Taehyung whispered softly, placing his hand on Jungkook's cheek and making him look at him.

"You haven’t done anything to blame yourself for. You should remember that." Jungkook closed his eyes at his words.

He leaned his head onto Taehyung's shoulder, letting his boyfriend calm him.

"I love you baby. So much."

"I love you so much too Kookie."

🕸️🕷️🕸️

"Don't forget to reach by seven. Dad wants you on the table tonight." 

Taehyung reminded his boyfriend again as they walked back home from their University.

"Yes baby. I’ll be there on time. Have to impress the Kims." Jungkook assured Taehyung chuckled and pulled his boyfriend for a chaste kiss. 

Oh how he loved Jungkook.

As Taehyung pulled away, Jungkook clutched onto his hand, wanting more of those pretty lips.

"Make a good impression with Dad at dinner, not by kissing me when he arrives."

Jungkook laughed and pulled his boyfriend aside, away from the entrance.

He pulled the blonde closer and pressed a kiss onto those heavenly lips. Well, obviously Taehyung couldn't deny.