Chapter 2

Demi

I woke up the next morning and stretched my arms as my fingers ran through my hair. I started walking to the bathroom. Ugh I looked disgusting. Fat and ugly was all I thought of myself as. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried shaking off the thoughts. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast. I smelled my mom's famous pancakes. My absolute favorite. Then I remembered I was trying to keep my weight down. I went down the stairs and saw my familt eating breakfast at the table and saw my little sister Maddie watching cartoons.

"Goodmorning sweetie." My father Eddie greeted me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Goodmorning." I said back.

"Demi I made your favorite!" My mom chirped as she handed me the plate of pancakes. Just by looking at them I already wanted to throw up. I decided to take one and put it on my plate. I cut up one small piece and took a small bite. i felt sick to my stomach already. I wanted to throw it up as I felt it go down to my stomach. I could already feel myself gaining 10 pounds. I quickly finished the pancake and went to my room. I started crying because I felt like I was fat and that I just gained so much weight. I looked at myself in the mirror and was disgusted. I went to the bathroom and turned on the sink so it wouldn't sound suspicious. I leaned down on the toilet and threw up in the bowl. I brushed my teeth and wiped my tears away. I went back downstairs as my parents started to questioning me.

"Demi, are you sure you don't want anymore? I know my pancakes are your favorite" My mom said sadly.

"I'm good I'm just not that hungry right now." I gave her a weak smile.

"Okay then." My mom said giving me a smile back. "Oh Demi I almost forgot. Our new neighbors just moved in across the street. Would you please deliver these to them as a welcoming present from us?" My mom handed me a plate full of chocolate cookies.

"Well why can't you, dad, or Dallas do it?" I didn't want to do this and introduce myself to these people. They could be psychos for crying out loud.

"Because I want you to do it. I think they have a son around your age. It would be a great way for you to make a new friend now please take these to them." My mother said sternly and handed me the plate of cookies. I groaned and walked out the door.

Joe

I woke up the next morning just wanting to stay in bed all day. I eventually got up and brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast. I can smell my mom's cooking from the kitchen.

"Goodmorning family" I greeted them

"Goodmorning" They greeted back.

I grabbed myself some pancakes. eggs, and bacon and sat at the table shoving the food into my mouth. My dad and brothers quirked their brows and looked at one another.

"What?" I said with the food in my mouth.

"Are you okay man? You seem kind of-" I cut my brother off.

"I'm fine Nick. I'm just hungry alright?" I said harshly. I wasn't fine and I was missing Ashley like crazy. She meant so much to me. Just the thought of her made me upset.

"Okay then." Nick said and continued eating his breakfast.

I finished eating my breakfast and went to go watch cartoons with Frankie for a while. After that I went back to my room and decided to call Ashley again.

"Hey Ashley." I said once she picked up.

"Hey Joe what's up?" She seemed to be a better mood now than she was yesterday.

"Not much I just really miss you. How is everyone back home?" I asked curious of her response.

"They're great and I miss you too. I can't wait to come and see you in California!" She squealed after that and I chuckled a little.

"Me too" I sighed contently. My mom called me downstairs and I let out a groan. "I gotta go I'll talk to you later ok?" 

"Ok bye. Love you." I could imagine her smiling through the other end of the phone.

"Love you too." I said. I hung up the phone and went downstairs.

"What is it mom?" I said clearly annoyed that she just interupted my conversation with Ashley.

"Are you ok, Joe? I know you miss New Jersey and Ashley but I promise you it will get better." My mom said. I let out a sigh. I guess she was right. Maybe I needed to give California a chance. I need to try and find some new friends and I needed to get my mind off Ashley. The doorbell then rang.

"Honey can you go get that?" My mom told me. I walked to the door and then opened it.