Chapter 16

Demi

I opened my eyes to the light shining through Joe's window. He had his arm wrapped around my waist and I slowly and carefully tried crawling out. I plopped my legs over his bed and headed to the bathroom. When I was just at his door I noticed a picture that caught my eye. I quietly walked over to his stand where it was and grabbed it. It was of him and a pretty girl at a park being awfully close to eachother. The picture made my blood boil and my face was probably red. She had wavy brown hair and greyish blue eyes. She was by far prettier than me. I turned to the back of the photo to see if anything was written it. Nothing. I guess I'll ask Joe when he wakes up. I walked out to the bathroom brushed my teeth and my hair and went back to Joe's room. He was sitting up on his bed.

"Sorry did I wake you?" I apologized while closing the door behind me.

"No you didn't it's fine." He said in a sleepy voice which was just so cute and kinda hot. But that photo of him and that girl still bothered me. Something just told me they weren't "just friends". I needed to know.

"So um who's this?" I walked over to him and picked up the picture of him and the girl. He looked at the picture for a moment and responded back.

"She was just a friend back home." I wasn't gonna be convinced that easily.

"Really? Are you sure because it doesn't really seem like it." I spoke a little more harshly.

"Okay so we had a little thing together but we never were boyfriend and girlfriend and we never were exactly friends. Sort of in between." He scratched the back of his neck.

"What's her name?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Ashley. But Demi please listen to me when I tell you she doesn't mean anything to me anymore. She's only a friend. You're the only one I care about now." He said getting up from his bed unwrapping my folded arms and grabbed my hand gently and held it. I was trying not to stay mad at him but a small smile creeped on my face with the words he just said.

"So are you still mad at me?" He pouted and I lightly chuckled. I went up on my tip toes and kissed him releasing from his hand and wrapping my arms around his neck. He kissed back wrapping his arms around me. We pulled back from the kiss and I smiled at him.

"No you're forgiven." I said. He smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"Good now let's go to the beach while the suns still up." Joe said. I chuckled.

"Okay I'll go home and get ready. I'll see ya soon." I winked at him and went to the bathroom and changed back into my outfit I wore last night and threw his clothes in the laundry bin and left.

Joe

I was getting ready to go to the beach with Demi. I'm glad she believed me when I said Ashley and I are just friends now. I don't have feelings for her anymore and I hope Demi knows that. I just hope Ashley doesn't feel the same towards me anymore. Hopefully she moved on. I put on my swim trunks and some sunscreen. I put a t-shirt over me, grabbed my sunglasses and towel and went downstairs.

"I'll be home later mom." I grabbed my car keys and phone.

"Okay bye Joe." She kissed my cheek. I headed out the door and went in my car and drove over to Demi's.

I rang the doorbell and Dallas answered the door.

"DEMI YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!" Dallas shouted from downstairs and smirked. Demi then came running downstairs with her hair in a messy bun, a crop top, and some shorts. Her sunglasses were on top of her head and she had her bag in one hand.