Chapter 39

Demi

"Demi! Demi wake up!! Are you okay?" I woke up startled. Why am I breaking out into sweat? Why does it feel like i've been crying? I'm so lost and confused. I looked at where I was. I was in Joe's car and we were on the side of the road. For some reason I felt scared. And then I remembered my dream, that really vivid dream.

"Demi, are you alright?" Joe went over to touch my face. I scooted as close to the door as I could so he couldn't touch me.

"Don't touch me!" I was crying again. I was terrified of what was gonna happen. He moved his hand back.

"Demi what happened?" Joe looked worried and scared also.

"I don't know.." I really didn't know. Was that all a dream?

"You fell asleep and then about an hour later you were screaming and kicking. I had to pull over to the side of the road to see if you were okay." So it was a dream. Joe didn't hurt me. I was sitting there thinking. It was silent between us.

"Demi talk to me what happened in your dream? I'm getting worried." He grabbed my hand. I froze a little bit. When he noticed he moved his hand away.

"Don't worry about it. Just start driving again." I face forward. I wonder why I had that dream. I know Joe would never hurt me, so why did it happen? And then it hit me. That voice who was talking to me wasn't Joe's. It was James. My ex. The horrid memory came back to me.

"Come on Demmmiiii" He slurred. We were at a party and he reeked of alcohol. I was a bit buzzed myself but not as badly as him.

"No James. I'm not going with you." He then gripped onto my wrist and pulled me up to the bedroom at this party. I tried to break free of his grip but he was too strong. It started to hurt really badly. I wanted him to release. He only held onto me tighter. He closed the door behind us and locked it. He pushed me on the bed roughly.

"James please let me go." He crashed his lips onto mine and kissed me roughly. I was disgusted and scared. He held my wrists above my head. When he detatched his lips off of me I let out a scream for help.

"SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!" He smacked me across the face hard. My face started to sting and my eyes were getting watery. I wanted to cry so badly but I knew if I cried he would only hit me again.

"Shut up before someone hears us. I promise I'll make it quick, baby." He said into my ear. I was terrified. I shouldn't have come to this party. I shouldn't be here. He was about to take my innocence. He ripped my shirt off and took off my skirt. I was starting to cry. He saw and hit me across the face again.

"Stop crying." I tried to hold in my tears. He then started going at it. That was the night he took my innocence and that was a night I won't forget. When he was done he left me there and left the room. It felt like he wouldn't stop. I wanted him to stop so badly. It felt like it lasted forever and I pleaded to God for him to stop. I didn't know what to do. I was scared. There were bruises forming all over my arms and legs. My body ached especially my private parts. My face hurt and I could feel a bit of blood on the inside of my mouth. From that moment forward I knew I had just been raped.

"Demi!! Snap out of it!!! What's going on?? Please, you're scaring me!" Joe looked at me. It looks he was about to cry. I guess I should tell him.

"I just had a dream, Joe. It was a bad dream." The tears started to form in my eyes again. I tried to hold them in.

"What was it about?" He put a piece of my hair behind my ear. I breathed in. I think I'm ready to tell him.

"Y-yo-we were at the hotel and you took me out to dinner... It felt so real Joe." I sniffled a little.

"A-and then we got b-back to the h-ho-hotel... a-an-and... you came onto me. I-I wa- I was scared Joe because you came onto me a-and I wanted you to stop b-but y-you wouldn't..." I couldn't go on anymore after that because by this point I was sobbing uncontrollably. He put his arm around me and comforted me. I winced a little at first but then relaxed. He looked at me and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"Baby, I will never ever EVER hurt you like that. I'll only do it when you want me to and when you're ready. I promise I swear." He kissed my cheek as I was still crying. I tried to calm myself down.

"Is something bothering you Demi? You first backed away from me when we almost did it at your house the other day and then you have this dream about me hurting you. And just a while ago you just zoned out and your face turned a bit pale and your eyes started to get watery. Is there something wrong? You know you can tell me anything Demi." He asks in a comforting and soothing voice. From the tone of his voice I could tell he was holding this in. I nodded. He started driving again.

"My-my ex boyfriend r-ra-raped me at this party a-and I've kind of been scared ever since. So I guess I just had a dream t-that you would do the same to m-me. B-but when you came onto m-me it wasn't your v-voice. It was his." My voice still trembeled.

"I would never do that to you, Demi. Ever. Until you're ready. I'm sorry you had to deal with that and had to go through that. I can't imagine what you had to go through that night."

"But now I have that memory with me forever and no matter how hard I try it's something I can't forget." I wipe the tear falling down my face.

"Well it's not something you can forget Demi but that was the past and it may be hard to move on from it but he's not gonna hurt you anymore. I promise I won't let him if I ever see him. You're safe with me." He lets one hand go off the steering wheel and holds mine. He gives me a soft smile. I smile back at him. I'm so glad to have a guy like Joe in my life. I don't know where I would be without him. I love everything about him and how he protects me and how I always feel safe when I'm with him.

"I love you." I tell him. He smiles wide.

"I love you too."