Chapter 3

Joe

I opened the door and there, a beautiful girl stood in front me. She was flawless. Her warm chocolate brown eyes sparkled. She had long curly brown hair. Everything about her seemed perfect. I had to wake myself up from my thoughts to see if she was real. She was. We were staring at eachother for quite some time until I decided to speak up.

"Can I help you with something?" I said curiously why she would be on my doorstep.

She snapped out of her thoughts and her cheeks got a bit red. She's looked adorable when she blushed.

"Um I'm sorry. My mom just wanted me to give you and your family these cookies as a welcoming present." She said handing me the plate of chocolate chip cookies. They looked delicious.

"Thanks! Tell your family we said thank you. By the way I'm Joe." I said putting out my hand for her to shake. She looked at me for a second and shook it. I felt tingles go through my body as our hands touched.

"I'm Demi." She said with a smile. She had such a beautiful smile. Her glistening white teeth shined like pearls. All I wanted to do was to get to know her.

"Well I better get going it was nice meeting you Joe." she said and started walking away.

"It was nice meeting you too." I said back. I closed the door behind me and all I thought was wow.

Demi

I rang the door bell wanting this moment to end soon so I can go back home. I let out a sigh. The door finally opened and there stood a gorgeous guy. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He had dark hair and was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I guess I was staring at him for sometime because he finally decided to speak up. I snapped out of my thoughts as I can feel my cheeks getting hot.

"Um I'm sorry. My mom just wanted me to give you and your family these cookies as a welcoming present." I gave him the plate cookies. I sounded like such a dork.

"Thanks! Tell your family we said thank you. By the way I'm Joe." He said. He put his hand out for me to shake it. I looked at him for a second. No one ever usually talks to me like this. I don't really have friends so I didn't know what to do. So I decided to take his hand and shake it.

"I'm Demi." He had a firm grip. I felt tingles go through my body as our hands touched. I wonder if he felt them too. I then took my hand back. We were just staring into eachothers eyes. He had the most amazing eyes. You can just stare into them and just get lost. I finally decided to tell him I had to go.

"Well I better get going it was nice meeting you, Joe." I said and turned my back towards him and decided to walk away. I can feel my cheeks blushing when I said his name. Good thing he couldn't see them.

"It was nice meeting you too." He said and I heard the door close. I started walking back to my house with the biggest and goofiest smile on my face.

I guess I was still smiling like an idiot when I entered the house because my sister Dallas started asking me if I was alright.

"Are you alright Demi? You've been smiling like that ever since you came into the house." she said.

"I'm perfect." I said still smiling like an idiot. I couldn't stop thinking about Joe ever since I left. The way he looked. His smile. The way he made nervous and made me have butterflies. I've never felt like this about anyone before.

"What happened when you were delivering the cookies?" Dallas said smirking at me. "Was it a guy?" She said all excited.

"Yeah his name is Joe." I said letting out a content sigh. Even his name was perfect.

"Ooooh Demi and Joe!" Dallas said teasing me even though she doesn't even know the guy. I playfully rolled my eyes. My mom then came into the living room where we were.

"Hey Demi how did the delivery go?" My mom said.

"It went well." I said back.

"Demi said the door opened to a guy named Joe." Dallas said smirking at me. I glared at her as my mom turned her head towards me.

"Is that his name? The boy who's about your age?" My mom said smiling at me.

"Yes." I said to her. My mom and Dallas started giggling. I rolled my eyes at them.

Joe

I walked back in the house with the plate of cookies. I placed the cookies on the table and my family started gathering around and taking one.

"Where did these come from?" My mom said as she took a bite.

"The family across the street. They gave this to us as a welcoming present." I said still thinking about her.

"Well that was very kind of them." My mom said while devouring the cookies. I grabbed one and took a bite. They were delicious. My brothers and dad took one as well clearly enjoying them.

"Who was the girl at the door?" My little brother Frankie said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Her name is Demi." I said smiling like an idiot. I couldn't get her off my mind. She was stunning.

"Well hopefully we can meet her and her family sometime and say thank you for these cookies." My dad said. My mom was nodding in agreement.

"Yeah that would be nice. I'm going up to my room." I said as I started heading for the stairs.

I layed down on my bed staring at the ceiling. All I thought about was Demi. Her smile, her eyes, her hair, the way she talks. Everything about was her perfect. When our hands touched, I wonder if she felt the tingles that I did? I felt nervous around her as I could barely speak. I've never been nervous around girls before. Could I possibly be developing feelings for her?