Chapter 9

*2 weeks later*

Joe

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw Demi and what happened at her house. When I saw the cuts on her wrist my heart instantly shattered. Why did she have to do it? Doesn't she know she's beautiful? I just want to do everything I can to love her and support her and I hope she knows that. I just want to go over there and talk with her and be with her now. But there was just so much school work! Well at least school would be done in a month and I can spend time with Demi again. I got up from my table of school work and went downstairs to the kitchen to get some juice and fresh air.

"Hey sweetie how's the school work coming along?" My mom said to me while she was preparing dinner in the kitchen.

"It's doing ok. Can I hang out with Demi this weekend by any chance?" I asked my mom. I'm hoping she would say yes.

"Of course you can sweetie. You've been spending a lot of time with her lately." My mom smiled at me. She had that look that most mothers did when they knew something the kids didn't.

"Yeah I mean we're just friends." I told her while I was pouring myself some juice. She turned around from her cooking and gave me the 'really?' look.

"Are you sure because I've noticed you smiling more often and whenever her name pops up you instantly look around or smile." My mom said. Ugh she did have a point.

"Mom, we're just friends. Yeah I may like her a little bit, but as of now just friends." I shrugged my shoulders. She smiled at my response.

"I knew it." She said and I walked away playfully rolling my eyes. I went back to my room to continue my school work when I got bored and decided to go on my phone.

Demi

I was tapping my pencil on the desk trying to figure out the answer to the problem of a math question. It's been 2 weeks since I last saw Joe. We were both caught up on our school work so we didn't talk as much and I miss him so much. I know it's only been 2 weeks but it feels like its been 2 years. The last time I saw him was when he saw my cuts. He was the only one who made me feel beautiful when he told me and I believed it. I haven't cut since and I feel good about that. I decided to take a break and went downstairs to my sister in the living room with the TV on. I sat down and joined her.

"Taking a break finally." My sister said while playing on her phone.

"Yeah can't be trapped in there forever." I said. I suddenly felt my lap vibrating and looked down at my phone it was a text from Joe.

Hey wanna hang out this weekend and not do school work? :P- Joe

Hahahaha yeah sounds great :) see ya then!- Demi

"Was that Joe?" Dallas questioned still playing on her phone without looking at me.

"Psh no." I said looking down.

"Demi I know that was Joe don't lie to me." She smirked.

"Okay it was and he just wanted to hang out this weekend is that what you wanted to hear?" I said annoyed. I don't understand why she always has to get into my business. It's not important.

"You've been spending lots of time with him lately. I've noticed you're happier too. There's just something about you thats been... glowing ever since you've been hanging out with Joe." She said. She was right in a way. I did feel happier. I wasn't as depressed as I was before and I've been actually eating more and feeling better about myself too.

"We haven't talked to eachother in 2 weeks. And besides we're just friends and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way." 

"I know he thinks of you as more than just a friend. Trust me I can tell." Dallas said. Was it true though?

"How so?" I asked. I was intrested in knowing how.

"Well the way he looks at you. That's always a sign. He's constantly smiling around you. Texting you nearly everyday asking you to hang out. I'm pretty sure he likes you." Dallas said stil not looking up from her phone. There was a silence when she spoke up again.

"But the question is... Do you like him?" She looked up at me smiling dropping her phone on the seat.

"Why should I tell you?" I replied to her harshly.

"Because you're my sister I have to know." She begged. I let out a sigh and responded back.

"Yes I do." I couldn't help but to smile. She screetched so loudly I think I went deaf in one ear. She came up from her seat and hugged me. I feel like I just made a mistake telling her.

"Just don't say anything about this."

"Of course. Your secret is safe with me." She winked at me. Now all I wanted to know was if Joe feels the same about me and if Dallas was right about the signs she said she has noticed in him.