Chapter 30

*Few Weeks Later*

Demi

Joe and I have been busy with school lately. Figuring out if we've been accepted into our colleges yet. Joe wanted to go to USC and I wanted to go to NYU. I didn't tell Joe applied there yet because what if I do get accepted? We'd have to live so many thousand miles apart from each other. We haven't really discussed about it yet but once we do I don't think it's gonna end well. He was taking me home today and I waited by his locker.

"Hey babe." He pecked my lips. I smiled back. He got his stuff out of his locker and we started to head home hand in hand.

"Did you get your letters yet?" He asked me. Oh no here it goes.

"Yeah I got a couple already. How about you?" I asked. I just hope he doesn't ask which ones.

"Yeah but you know I want to go to USC so I'm still waiting on their letter. I hope they accept me." He said nervously. I pecked his cheek.

"Babe. They will accept you. You have such great grades, test scores, and you're a tremendous athlete. They'd be stupid not to accept you." He smiled when I said that. We made our way to the park under our usual tree. We layed down next to each other.

"You never told me which colleges you applied to. Which one are you looking forward to getting your letter from?" He asked. There's the question. I held onto his hand.

"Umm.. I applied to USC UCSD and UCSB" I said quietly.

"Those are good schools." He said looking up at the sky smiling.

"And NYU." I said as quietly as possible. He sat up and released his hand from mine. He looked at me. His face showed that he was upset and a bit angry.

"What was that last one?" He questioned. I sat up crossing my legs.

"NYU." He blew out a puff of air.

"Demi. Don't you realize how far away that's gonna be? We'll never see each other and we'll only be able to facetime or skype. Is that really what you want?" He was more then upset now.

"I do but Joe that school has the program that I want and I realize it's far but don't you want me to be happy?" He sat against the tree.

"Yes but there are plenty of other schools Demi. I'd just miss you too much. You'd be so far away. How would I know you're okay? What if you forget about me or we get so busy that we lose touch and you or me find someone new?" I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. Is that what he thinks is going to happen to us?

"I can't forget about you Joe and no one could ever replace you. You're the one I really love. I don't even know if I got accepted there yet. And if I do... I just... I don't know." I ran my fingers through my hair. This is too stressful. I want to go to NYU cause it would make me happy but it would be too far from Joe. But if I went to a school near Joe I wouldn't be happy. It's basically a lose-lose situation.

"I just don't want to be far from you Demi. 4 years is a long time. Who knows what could happen between that time period?" I turned my attention more towards him. I raised both of my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" He looked up and narrowed his eyes.

"What?" He said annoyed.

"What do you mean by who knows what could happen between that time period?" I folded my arms. "Are you saying I'm an easy target Joe? That I would open my legs for any guy? Because if that's what you think than I'm out of here." I started getting my stuff and started walking home. I didn't need this. I can't believe he would think of me as an easy target like that. I heard footsteps behind me and I started picking up the pace.