Chapter 5

Joe

I walked into my classroom and I saw the whole class laughing at a girl who fell. When I got closer, I noticed it was Demi. I decided to go up and ask her if she was ok feeling bad for her.

"Hey are you alright?" I said. I tried to help her back up on her feet.

"Yeah I'm alright thanks." She said but the way she said it made it sound like she wasn't ok. She quickly walked to her seat as I tried to follow her before a blonde haired girl stopped right in front of me. She was wearing a shirt that clearly showed lots of clevage and shorts that had her butt cheeks hanging out.

"You're the new guy aren't you? I saw you and your brothers around." She flirted with me while playing with my shirt as her hand stroked my arm. I felt uncomfortable with her touch as I stepped back a little.

"Yes I am." I said in a more serious tone. 

"Well why don't you sit next to me and maybe we can know eachother better." She said stepping closer to me as I can now smell her perfume. I stepped back again.

"I'm alright but thanks for the offer." I said now walking away to sit next to Demi. I heard her scoff which made me chuckle a little. I sat down in the seat next to Demi when she whispered to me.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" She said.

"Because I wanted to." I said back smiling. She's my friend and seeing what happened already I felt bad for her and I thought she could use a friend. I started getting out my materials and started to do the work on the board.

Demi

The bell finally rang as I gathered all my belongings and headed out the door.

"Demi wait up!" I heard Joe called out to me. He was quickly walking trying to catch up to me. He finally reached up to me and grabbed my forearm. I froze at my spot. My heart started beating rapidly as I hoped he didn't feel or see my cuts. I prayed he didn't. He turned me around so I was staring into his chocolate brown eyes. We were both close to eachother as I can feel his breath on my cheek. My stomach started to get butterflies.

"Why did you walk away so fast? I didn't even get to talk to you." He said in a sad tone.

"I just needed to put my books back in my locker and get ready for my next class." I said. I really just wanted to avoid Carly and her friends from talking to me about Joe or Carly and her friends bullying me. We both started walking to my locker. He offered to carry my books but I told him it was ok. He carried them anyways.

"So do you know where C-5 is?" Joe asked me. 

"Yeah it's down the hall to the right. You'll love Ms. Smith. She's the best English teacher!" I said. I grabbed my books and started heading towards my math class.

"So can I see you after this period for lunch?" Joe asked me. Was this a date? No it can't be. We're just two friends going to have lunch. Clearly he doesn't feel the same way about me as I do to him.

"Sure. I'll see you then." I said back to him giving him a smile. I turned my back and started walking to class.

Joe

I started walking to class with a grin on my face the whole way. Demi and I were going to have lunch. But not as a date. Just as friends. I walked into the classroom and found an empty desk. I sat down as I couldn't wait until lunch.

The bell finally rang for lunch and I nearly sprinted out the door excited. I waited for Demi to come by her locker. She finally came as I saw her walk down the halls. She looked stunning. The way her hair layed on her shoulders to the smile she gave me when she saw me.

"I'm starving!!" I said to her. She giggled a little.

"Same here." She said as she got her lunch bag from her locker. We headed to the grass outside and sat down. It was peaceful and quiet as the sun shone on us. The soft green grass brushing against our legs. She unpacked her lunch and I unpacked mine. Soon my brothers joined us.

"Hey Joe." Nick said.

"Hey guys. This is Demi. Demi these are my brothers Nick and Kevin." I said as I pointed to them.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you guys." Demi said as she shook their hands. We ate our lunch talking about our day so far. Soon enough lunch ended.

"Well I got to get to class." Demi said. She barely ate her lunch throwing the rest of it away.

"Yeah me too see you all later." Kevin said. We said our goodbyes and I walked Demi to her classroom.

"You don't have to walk with me." Demi said. It seemed like everytime I wanted to be with her she was pushing me away. Did she not like me?

"But I want to though." I said back protesting. I don't understand why she was pushing me away. I just wanted to walk with her. Does she not trust me? We started walking when she stopped in front of her classroom.

"I'll see you after school?" I said hoping she would say yes so we can walk home together. She thought about the question for a little bit and replied back.

"Sure. See ya then." She said smiling at me. Her smile was just so perfect. She walked in to her classroom as I started walking to mine. A million questions raced through my mind. All I want is to gain her trust.