Chapter 45

*6 weeks later*

Demi

We were near the end of March. I was getting more excited as time passed on because of graduation yet sad at the same time. Joe meant so much to me and to not see him physically for 4 years is gonna hurt and it's gonna suck. I was excited to go to NYU where I can finally pursue my dream of becoming a singer. I still had the card that Mack gave me when I went to Hollywood Records and the CD I kept too. I was excited to meet new people. The school already sent me an email about class registration and dorms. I was excited to live on campus and have a roomate. It was Saturday so I was free to relax. I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Demi." My dad called out. I went to him and saw he was sorting the mail. When he saw me he handed me the envelope.

"This is for you." I looked at where it was from and saw that it was from NYU. It was probably more info about school and class registration.

"Thanks." I got the mail opener and opened the envelope. When I grabbed the letter out I read through it.

Dear Demetria,

We have recieved your confirmation in classes and have assigned you your new roomate. Her information is listed below. We also noticed that since your high school credentials have been reached and you may graduate early, you and a few other students are invited to a special school orientation on April 28-30 to give you a general idea of the campus and the school itself along with the classes to give you an idea of what you could look forward to. We look forward to seeing you there.

I finished reading the letter and I got upset. April 28th was Joe and I's 1 year anniversary and I knew he had something special for us planned that day. Now it was going to have to be rescheduled. I wonder how he's gonna feel about it. I know he'll be upset knowing our special day was gonna have to be rescheduled. My mom then stepped in the room.

"What's the letter sweetie? Is it about school?" I nodded and handed her the letter to read. I put my face in my hands.

"Isn't April 28 your 1 year anniversary with Joe?" I nodded again "Well he'll understand Demi don't worry." My mom rubbed my back in a soothing way to calm me down. I gave her a warm smile.

"I hope so too." My mom went back to the kitchen and I was heading up to my room to give this some serious thought. I know I shouldn't be over thinking this and I know it could be changed but I know Joe's gonna be upset because it's an important day for the both of us. Sometimes I wish Joe came into my life earlier and I wonder what would be different now. I wish I spent more than a year with a Joe. I don't know when I will tell Joe about this but I know it will have to be soon. This wasn't going to be easy.

Joe

Life right now was great and I honestly have never been happier. It was Sunday which meant school tomorrow. I was finishing last minute homework and college stuff. I was excited to go to USC but I was also upset because I wouldn't see Demi for basically 4 years. It was gonna suck but I know we got this and we can get through this together. After college, I knew we would find somewhere to live together and really get serious with each other. Hopefully down the road, we would get married and have a family of our own. But then again a lot can happen in 4 years so I shouldn't get my hopes up but I knew there was something about Demi that was different. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I wish I could see Demi today but I had a lot of work to finish and we would see each other tomorrow.

Monday came along and I got in my car and went to Demi's house. I rang the doorbell and on que she comes out ready for school. She gives me a warm smile and I lean down to kiss her.

"Good morning beautiful. You ready to go?" I put my hand out for her she gladly took it.

"Yup. Let's get this day over with." We went to my car and after we got in I started driving. It was quiet for a while when we were driving which was odd. It was an awkward silence too. I glanced over at Demi as she was fiddling with her fingers. She seemed to be thinking about something.

"Is everything alright you're quiet this morning?" She snapped out of her trance and smiled at me like nothing happened.

"Never better." She smiled at me.

"Then why are you so quiet this morning? You always have something to share." I pulled into a spot at the school parking lot.

"It's nothing to worry about baby." She kissed me on the cheek and got out of the car. I couldn't help but to worry. Was she hiding something from me? She took my hand and we walked into the school. We were walking quietly again to her locker. It was bothering me. I hated this silence. She opened her locker and got her books out. She closed the locker and we started walking to class. As we were walking she seemed to be in deep thought again. What was she thinking about? When we stopped in front of her classroom she noticed we stopped and looked up at me smiling again as if nothing was wrong and everything was okay.

"Well I'll see you later." She kissed my cheek and went to her class leaving me dumbfounded with my words. She left me in such a rush. We barely even spoke this morning. Something was up and I was going to find out what it was.