Chapter 20

- Trigger warning-

Demi

My mouth dropped at the sight in front of me. Joe and a girl were sitting on the couch talking and laughing. Who was she? She looked familiar and then it hit me. She's the girl from the picture with Joe. I forgot her name at the moment but she was pretty. Is this who Joe was with the whole time? Joe looked up and a smile formed on his face when he saw me standing there. She had brown hair like in the picture and the same eyes. It was her. Joe stood up from his seat and came up to me.

"Hey Demi! I want you to meet someone." He grabbed my hand pulled me to the girl. 'Hey Demi' was all I got. I was now more mad than before. He didn't appologize for not returning my calls or anything. He went about like everything was okay and nothing happened. He pulled me to the girl and she stood up. She seemed nice when she smiled at me.

"Hi I'm Ashley!" She said in an extremely cheerful tone. Something about this just isn't right. She put out her hand and I firmly shaked it.

"I'm Demi." I said back to her trying not to blow my top at Joe.

"So you're the Demi Joe keeps telling me about." She finally put the pieces together. I nodded my head and looked at Joe.

"Could you excuse us for a second?" I grabbed Joe's arm and pulled him outside to the front of his house before she could respond. I shut the door and glared at Joe. I was ready to burst.

"Demi, is everything okay?" He said grabbing my hand but I pulled it away.

"No Joe everything is not okay. I left you so many messages and voicemails and you never returned them. I thought something happened to you. You could have at least told me so I didn't have to worry about you. Who is she anyways Joe? A friend? Because it didn't look that way to me." I said feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders from releasing all that anger and frustration built up inside of me.

"Demi I would have returned them but-" I cut him off.

"You were too busy hanging out with someone else and having fun than to care about me." I finished looking down at my feet.

"Demi you know that's not true. I was going to call you when-" I cut him off again.

"When Joe?! When she leaves? I can't believe you couldn't even call me back instead you were too caught up with someone else. You probably still have feelings for her. I saw the way you looked at her Joe. Why don't you just make her your girlfriend?!" I basically shouted at him. He then got mad.

"Well maybe I should. What do you even have against her? She didn't do anything to you. All we had was a conversation and you come into my house mad. Maybe if you weren't so upset and took things over the edge and maybe let me finish a sentence, we could be solving this problem calmly like normal people. But no Demi, you came in here mad and just started yelling at me. I can't believe you. I don't even have feelings for her anymore Demi, so why don't you stop being so immature assuming things and wrap your head around the fact I don't have feelings for her anymore." He spat out folding his arms across his chest. I was hurt when he said he would make her his girlfriend. He made it seem like everything was my fault but it wasn't entirely. I can't believe he would call me immature. I thought he wouldn't hurt me. I tried to fight back the tears. I took a deep breath and looked him. His facial expression said anger all over it. I've never seen him so mad.

"Do you know what a promise is Joe? Remember when you promised me you wouldn't hurt me? Well I think you just broke it." I started walking away and a tear was falling from my face. Joe grabbed my arm and looked at me. He looked upset.

"Demi stop. I didn't mean it and-" I couldn't even look at him.

"Save it Joe. I hope Ashley makes you happy." I pulled myself free from his arm and walked away with tears rolling down my face. What exactly just happened?