Chapter 33

*Thanksgiving*

Demi

Thanksgiving is probably my least favorite holiday. It's just all the food and people eating. I just get so uncomfortable around it. I wore my pink dress and jean jacket I got when I went shopping with Joe. I inspected myself in the mirror. Now that I think of it, I did seem a bit bigger. I let out a sigh. I know Joe wanted to see me wear this so I'll do it for him. I decided to curl my hair today for this party. I put on a bit of make-up and went downstairs with my phone in my hand. We were waiting on my Dallas now. I sat on the couch, thinking of all the food there's gonna be tonight.

"Demi.. I need your help carrying the pies." I walked to the kitchen and grabbed both of the pies in my hands.

"I'm ready." Dallas came down in a festive outfit. We all headed out the door and walked over to the Jonas's. Maddie rang the doorbell. Denise then opened the door and invited us in. Joe grabbed the pies from me and put them on the kitchen counter. He grabbed my hand and walked me outside to his backyard.

"You look great tonight." Joe smiled. The butterflies I would always get around him started to grow in my stomach again.

"Well you did say you wanted to see me in this." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Well you look stunning." He kissed my nose as I crinkled it after.

"You know I don't like it when you do that." I hit him playfully on his chest.

"I know but I like when your face scrunches up like that." We sat on the grass and I picked at the grass.

"So it's almost Christmas." I threw my head back laughing.

"Joe. It's just Thanksgiving. Why are you already thinking about Christmas?"

"It's just such a great time of year. What do you want for Christmas?" He asked holding my hand that was picking at the grass.

"I already have everything I could possibly want. What else could there be?" He chuckled.

"You're so corny babe." He moved closer to me.

"Well it's true. What do you want?" I asked looking at him.

"You. To spend time with you."

"You're so corny babe." I mocked him he threw some grass at me.

"Hey!" I threw some back at him. We were both laughing when Denise called us in. Joe helped me up but I wasn't ready.

"Demi are you okay?" I shook my head no. He came and hugged me tightly.

"Everything's gonna be okay. I know you can do it. Come on they're waiting." He grabbed my hand and led me in. I grabbed a plate like everyone else and grabbed a small bit of everything. I sat down in a seat next to Joe. I then saw Ashley. She was wearing a pretty dress that suited her well. She had thin legs and a thigh gap. She looked pretty and beautiful overall. I let out a sigh. She sat across from Joe and I. Everyone soon piled around the table and we held hands and said a prayer before we ate. I picked up my fork and pushed at the turkey. I was holding Joe's hand the whole time.

"So Demi, what's your major for college?" Ashley asked me. This girl seemed too nice. No one that pretty can possibly be this nice.

"Um I'm going to be music and arts major." She nodded and took a bite from her food. She could probably eat all the food she wants and not gain any weight. Lucky her.

"That's cool. Are you a good singer or songwriter?" She asked again. I was about to speak before Joe interrupted me.

"She's amazing. She's got such a great voice and she's really good with the guitar." Joe smiled at me. Ashley nodded.

"You play the guitar? I always wanted to know how to play it."

"Yeah I could play a little bit of it." I smiled shyly going back to my food. I took another bite attempting to swallow it down.

"So Demi, Joe said I should take you to my studio so you could get a feel of a studio when you're studying music and the arts in NYU." Paul asked me.

"Yes I mean it would be nice but you don't have to. I understand how busy it could possibly get."

"Nonsense. If you're free around mid December I could take you in." He offered. I looked at my parents with pleading eyes. They nodded.

"Sure I would love to." I smiled. I returned to eating my food. About half an hour later I finished it. Feeling gloated I didn't feel like eating dessert. I moved to the living room couch. Joe and Ashley then joined me. Joe sitting next to me and grabbing my hand. He whispered in my ear.

"Are you alright?" I nodded. He kissed my forehead.

"Joe what are you going to do once Demi goes to New York?" Ashley asked all smiles. This chick pushes my buttons.

"Uh.. I'll still talk to her. We'll still be together. It will be hard but it's going to work." Joe looked at me in the eyes. He really meant it.

"Aww. A long distance relationship is cute!!" Ashley cooed.

"Yeah..." Joe said softly. I knew he was thinking the same thing.

Joe

It was after the dinner I started to help wash the dishes. Ashley came in and started helping me too.

"Are you okay Joe? You and Demi were both kind of quiet after I brought up the college topic." She was drying the dishes.

"I'm fine Ash. It's just college is a difficult topic for Demi and I." She nodded in response.

"You should do something cute for her before she leaves." I thought of it for a moment

"Yeah that would be a good idea."