Chapter 26

*1 month later*

Demi

Everything in my world feels right at the moment. Like a fairytale almost because it seemed too good to be true. School's still the same but I don't mind it anymore since Carly and her friends don't bother me anymore and Joe's there. Me and his brothers have been sitting together at lunch again just like old times. I've honestly never felt happier. Joe and I have been spending more time together. Everyone in my family is happy for me and that's all I want. My dad still doesn't feel at ease with my decision, but he's slowly easing in to it. Very slowly. I spend my school days walking with Joe to school and after his practice walk home with him. I've been watching him and his brothers practice lately and they're pretty good. Joe looked cute in his uniform. It was the end of the day and I opened my locker to grab some books out.

"Hello there beautiful. You ready to go?" The voice said. The voice that made my stomach flip and made me smile from ear to ear. I shut my locker and saw him standing next to me with his hand on the locker next to me. I shoved my stuff in my bag and nodded. He then grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. We then walked out of the school.

"So why don't you have practice today?" I questioned him as we were walking back home.

"We had morning practice and weight training." I nodded. I don't understand why Joe needed more practice he's already really good and he's super toned. A body that many guys die for. It's still hard to believe he's mine.

"So Demi.." He said while swinging our arms back and forth.

"So Joe.." I mocked back. He chuckled and then let go of our intertwined hands and put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"My first game is tomorrow you're gonna come right?" Of course I'm going! What kind of question was that? I decided to tease him a bit instead.

"Hmm.. I don't know I mean I'm pretty busy with school work and there's that science test and the English project." I smirked.

"Come on Demi it's my first game and-" Joe stated in a flat tone. I chuckled a little and cut him off.

"I was just kidding Joe lighten up. Of course I'm gonna be there." He smiled and kissed my temple.

"Good because I need your support in order to play well." I threw my head back laughing.

"Superstitious much Joe? I'm sure you'll do fine during a game without me."

"Nope. You're my good luck charm, so I need you there for every game." I grinned when he said that.

We were now back at his house as he opened the door for me and I walked through. He shut the door behind him and we walked into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and grabbed two water bottles handing one of them to me.

"Thanks" I opened the bottle and drank some of it. We went into the living room and his mom was sitting on the sofa reading a magazine.

"Hi Mrs. Jonas" She looked up from her magazine and smiled at me warmly. I always liked Mrs. Jonas she's always so kind to me. Almost like another mother.

"Hi Demi. Hi Joe. How was school?" I was about to answer but Joe then but in.

"It was fine. Demi and I are gonna do homework in my room now." He grabbed my hand and started leading me out of the room.

"Okay but leave your door open." His mom shouted back to him. I chuckled slightly. His face turned a bit pink. He was embarrased and it was a bit cute.

"Mom.." He shouted back. I covered my mouth trying to hold in my laughter.

"I'm serious Joe." She stated with a serious tone.