Chapter 22

Demi

I slightly opened my eyes the next morning. I found myself on a bed in a room. There were flower boquets, balloons, and cards by the stand next to me. I saw my dad sleeping on one of the chairs. My mom sleeping on the chair next to him. Maddie curled up in a ball on another chair tightly holding a stuffed bear. I looked down and saw Dallas sleeping on the floor with her back to the wall. I felt weak. I was barely able to move or breathe. I looked down on my wrist and saw a bandage wrapped around it along with a hospital bracelet. Did I really go that deep to go into the hospital? I don't remember much except for when Joe and I had a fight and I came home crying. I remember harming myself but not that deep. Every breath would just hurt. I've never felt so weak. I tried getting enough energy to wake up my parents.

"Mom.. Dad.." It came out just loud enough. Their eyes shot open and they came towards me. My mom was the closest. Her face looking tired and her eyes seemed as if she's been crying for a while.

"Demi oh my gosh we were so worried about you! Are you okay? How are you feeling? Don't ever do that and scare us again!" My mom bombarded me with all this. She gave me a hug light enough for me to still breathe. My dad then came hugging me.

"Demi please don't ever do that again. You nearly scared all of us to death." My dad croacked out letting tears slip onto my hospital gown. By the look on his face when he released from me showed tired. Like he hasn't slept in days and that the only good sleep he had was when he was just sleeping on the chair. Dallas then got up from the ground and hugged me gently.

"Demi I'm so glad you're okay. Please don't do that again. I can't risk losing you." Dallas said looking into my eyes. I nodded. I couldn't risk losing her either. The doctor and a nurse then came in through the door. We turned our heads towards them. He came in smiling.

"You must be Demetria's parents. I'm Doctor Bradburry." He said shaking my parents hands. Once they were done introducing himself he came towards me.

"How are you feeling today, Demetria?" He inspected me and grabbed his clipboard full of papers.

"Bit better." I barely spoke out. I was still feeling very weak. He jotted down a few notes on the clipboard.

"It seems here that you lost quite a lot of blood. If you were in that bathroom any longer you could have possibly died." He exclaimed. Died? Did it really go that deep that I could've almost died?

"Well I think it would be best if we ran a few more tests to see how much you lost and how much you would need back. We'll probably keep you here another night to see how things go the next day." He clicked his pen and put it back in his coat pocket.

"Now if I can see how your wrist is doing please." He held his hand out. I put my bandaged wrist in his hand as he unwrapped it. When it was done unwrapping, I saw it. A deep light red cut. How could I do this to myself?

"It looks a lot better than yesterday." He said to me.

"Will she be alright?" My mother clearly concerned and worried. He looked up and spoke to my mother.

"She'll be just fine. I'll have my nurse here bandage you up and we'll run the tests in a couple hours if that's okay." I nodded my head.

"Excellent. Thank you for your time." He said shaking my parents hands again and then leaving. The nurse then came with a bandage roll.

"You're very lucky someone found you in time." The nurse said to me while bandaging up my wrist. Who could've found me in time though? The bathroom door was locked. How could someone open it? I looked around the room everybody's eyes was towards Dallas. I smiled at her. She gave me a shy smile back. She saved me. The nurse finally finished bandaging up my wrist.

"If you need anything press the blue button and I'll be over as fast as I can okay?" She said giving me a friendly smile. I nodded and she then left closing the door behind her. I then sat back on my bed.

"Dallas come here." I said in a soft voice. She slowly walked towards me. I gave her a hug and whispered in her ear.

"Thank you." I could tell she was smiling. She released from the hug and looked at me.

"You're welcome." She smiled back. Maddie then woke up from her sleep and came towards me.

"Demi are you okay?" She said cutely. I nodded at her and she gave me a teddy bear holding a heart that said 'Get Well Soon' I smiled at it and scooched over a little so she can sit on my bed with me.

"Thank you baby girl." I kissed her forehead. It's been a while since we had a nice family moment together.

"Oh I almost forgot! Someone's been waiting for you outside I'll go bring him in." Dallas said rushing out towards the door. I looked at the flower boquet next to me and grabbed the card that was in it reading it. The door then opened and Dallas came in smiling. Someone followed behind her. Him. I dropped the card onto my lap. Fire burned inside of me. He was standing there holding a boquet of flowers. I didn't want to see him. It would just remind me why I'm even in here.

"Get out." I said through gritted teeth trying not to burst yet. He should've just stayed outside. Why did he come anyways? I just don't want to see him yet.

"Demi. I thought you wanted to see him. He's been staying out there all night for you." My mother said softly to me brushing my hair back. I pushed her arm away.

"NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM I WANT HIM OUT NOW! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!!" It was the first time I had enough energy to yell. I felt exhausted from it afterwards. I was getting hot. Dallas gently pushed Joe back out to the hallway and closed the door behind her. My parents were shocked by my actions. They came towards me calming me down the best they can.

"Demi. Calm down please. He was out there waiting for you all last night. The least you can do was to be polite. Why are you mad at him? I thought you were happy with him." My mom spoke out all in one breath sitting by the edge of the bed.

"Mom. He was the one who did this to me."

Joe

"NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM I WANT HIM OUT NOW! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!" The words stung my heart. I've never seen her so mad. The tears were rolling out and her face was a bright red. Dallas then shoved me out of the room into the hallway. We sat down on the seats.

"Joe what did you do to get her so fired up?" Dallas looked at me dead on in the eyes.

"I'm not even sure. She came over to my house, we got in an argument and she left crying. Dallas you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt your sister." I put my face in my hands. Did she hate me that much that she didn't even want to see me. I just wish she would forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt her. It would probably be forever until I can get her trust and her love back. There was a silence between us for a while

"This is gonna be like James all over again." Dallas mutterted in a low tone. I propped my head up. James? Who's James?

"Who's James?" I asked her. She looked at me with stunned eyes thinking I didn't hear her.

"Demi's last relationship."