Chapter 27

*Few Weeks Later*

Demi

It's September 28th. It's been 5 months since I met Joe at his house. 5 months. That's crazy to think I first fell in love with him when he opened the door. Although I didn't want to admit it, it happened. I guess you could say it's our 5 month anniversary. I decided to text him this morning.

Guess what day it is? :)- Demi

September 28th??- Joe

Yes and...- Demi

...OH it's been 5 months since we first met :)- Joe

Wow you're slow this morning.- Demi

What do you expect it's 9:30. My brain still isn't up. I'll come by your house later. I have a surprise for you ;)- Joe

Joe I don't like surprises.- Demi

You'll like this one. I promise.- Joe

I got up from my bed and started getting ready. This surprise is giving me so much anxiety right now. Ugh. I went downstairs and everyone was in the dining room eating breakfast. I was still conscious of my food choices. I ate a bit more now but I still feel gloated after some bites. I sat down at the table and my mom put out half a plate of food for me. I bit into the eggs chewing them slowly.

"So Demi you have any plans today?" Dallas asked me quirking her eyebrows at me. I furrowed mine.

"Yeah Joe and I are going out later. He says he has a surprise." I told her. Something tells me Dallas knows this surprise.

"Oh well that seems fun!" She said cheerfully taking her plate to the kitchen. I turned towards the rest of my family.

"Do you guys know something I don't?" I folded my arms.

"We don't know what you're talking about Demi." My mom said trying to be serious. I could tell she was lying. She's not a good liar.

"Oh please you clearly all do." My father chuckled.

"You'll figure it out soon Dems." He replied getting up from the table and kissing my head. Everyone soon left and it was just Maddie and I.

"Demi why aren't you eating?" She said innocently looking at me. I hate when she give me that look it makes me feel guilty. I don't wanna give Maddie a bad image to look up to. I know she looks up to me and my decisions that I make. I smiled weakly at her.

"I just wasn't finished yet Maddie." I then started eating the rest of my breakfast.

Joe

5 months since I first met Demi. Wow time sure does fly. It's hard to believe too. 5 months since she first showed up at my doorstep with those plate of cookies. I don't know what would happen if I didn't show up at the door or if she wasn't the one coming with the cookies. We probably wouldn't be together. Today I was going to take Demi somewhere special to spend our time together. I hope she likes it. I told her family about it a couple days ago and I hope they haven't told her yet. The place I'm taking her is corny but I know she'll like it. I got dressed in a tshirt, some jeans, and a pair of sneakers. I grabbed my sunglasses and keys and headed towards the stairs.

"Morning Joe." My father said while drinking his coffee.

"Morning." I said opening up the fridge. I took out an apple and some orange juice. I poured a glass and quickly drank it.

"I'm leaving now." I told my parents.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked.

"I'm taking Demi to her surprise today I'll be back late tonight." I started heading towards the door.

"Okay be safe and have fun!" With that I went out the door and got in my car.

Demi

I got dressed in a flannel, tshirt, and jeans. I didn't know where Joe was taking me so I just picked an outfit that would work for anything. I brushed my hair and decided to leave it curly today.

"Demi! Joe's here!!" My mother shouted downstairs.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I quickly grabbed my purse and slipped on some sandals and headed down the stairs. My mother and Joe were whispering about something.

"She'll like it take care of her for me." My mom then looked at me, noticing I was standing there and smiled. I rose my eyebrows.

"Have fun sweetie." My mom quickly hugged me.

"I don't even know where I'm going how do you know if I'll have fun?"

"You will trust me." She said and said goodbye to Joe before she closed the door. I took Joe's hand and we headed towards his car. He opened the door for me and I climbed in. He ran around the side and got in. He smiled at me.

"Joe where are we going?" I said in an annoyed tone. I'm tired of people hiding this secret from me. He then reached into the glove compartment and took out a blindfold.

"Put this on." He said avoiding the question.

"No" I said stubbornly.

"Demi.." He gave me his serious face. I took the blindfold from him and put it on.

"Can you see anything?" I nodded no. He then started the car and we started going somewhere.

20 minutes has passed or what felt like 20 minutes has passed and I kept asking Joe where we were going. He wouldn't tell me and I was getting annoyed with this blindfold on my face.

"Joe are we here yet?" I said bored. Just then the car stopped moving and then engine stopped running.

"Yup you can take off your blindfold now." I took it off and then saw a big sign. A big and wide smile grew on my face.

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!

"Happy anniversary." I looked at Joe who was smiling and kissed him.