Chapter 14

Demi

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. My alarm clock rang telling me it was time for school. I pulled the covers over my face not ready to go. At least school would be done in a couple days and I'll finally be done with my junior year! I let out a groan and hit the snooze button of my alarm clock. I sat up on my bed rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms. I finally got out of bed and got ready for school. I decided on wearing a simple blue tank top and shorts with some sandals. I got my bag and phone and went downstairs. I suddenly got a text from Joe. A smile then grew on my face

Morning beautiful :) I'm coming by your house in 5 minutes see ya then!

My heart fluttered when he called me beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling after that. He's perfect. I went in the kitchen and grabbed a small apple. I was half way through when the doorbell then rang. I threw the rest away and ran out the kitchen. I checked on myself one more time in the mirror before opening the door and there stood Joe. He was wearing his glasses today which made him look even more adorable and cute.

"Hey, I'll just tell my parents I'm leaving." I told him and ran to the dining room.

"I'm off to school bye mom bye dad." I gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Demi have a great day." My mom said. I knew my day would get better because of Joe. I ran back to the door, grabbed my stuff, and went out. We walked out of the driveway when he grabbed my hand in his. Intertwining our fingers. A smile crept on my face.

"So almost done with the school year, are you excited?" Joe asked me.

"Yes! I've been waiting for this day since it started." Joe chuckled at my response.

"What are you gonna do for the summer then?" He asked while we were outside of the school.

"Not sure. I don't think I'm going anywhere. What about you?" I asked him. We were walking in the school and I noticed people staring and whispering. I caught a couple glares and scoffs from other people. I also noticed Carly and her friends giving me glares and whispering to one another. I looked down.

"Probably just hang out with my family and hopefully you." He said to me. I smiled once again while I opened my locker and grabbed my book for our first class.

"Well we'll have to see about that." I smirked at him. We walked to our first class and since it was near the end of the year we didn't have to do much except turn in our books. I sat in my corner while Joe sat next to me. The final bell rang as everyone was taking their seats.

"Morning class. Today we will be turning in our textbooks so if you left them in your locker, go and get it and walk to the library." We got up from our seats and I had my book in hand.

"Oh shoot I left my book in my locker I'll meet you at the library okay?" Joe said. I nodded and he ran off to his locker. I was alone once again. Without Joe I felt unsafe and scared. He would protect me from people like Carly. With just my luck Carly and her friends then came up to me.

"So you and Joe are a couple now I see. What did you do to get him?" Carly and her friends snickered. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Nothing. He likes me for me." The moment I said it I instantly regretted even talking.

"Oh please why would anyone like you. You're ugly and fat." One of Carly's friends said to me. The words she just said hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears were starting to form in my eyes. I couldn't let them see me cry or they'll laugh at me.

"She probably payed him and asked him to sleep with her." All the girls laughed.

I wanted to burst out into tears then and now. Hurt with every word they said to me and their comments. They walked away and tears were falling down my face. I quickly wiped them with the back of my hand. I returned my book and went in my own area while everyone else was with their friends. Carly and her friends kept snickering and giggling at me. A few tears kept coming out. Soon I felt someones arm around my shoulder. He smiled at me but it disappeared quickly when he saw the tears in my eyes.